South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Hotel Blocks

Okay, one more question. 

What were the best hotels to work with when blocking rooms? I'm looking for something in downtown Charleston with parking and/or airport shuttle and a big lobby or gathering space where we could meet. Francis Marion was suggested already. Any other thoughts?

Thank you!

Re: Hotel Blocks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Vendue Inn, Meeting Street Inn and the Courtyard Marriott on Lockwood. The Courtyard had a shuttle for downtown and included parking. Vendue and MSI had parking available for a fee and great spaces to meet (lobby at MSI, lobby/Rooftop Bar at Vendue). All of them were really easy to work with and, the best part for me, they didn't charge attrition or make us commit to a certain number of rooms.  We could add rooms at any point, but if the hotel needed them and my block didn't fill them there was no penalty.

Another great hotel is Courtyard Marriott on Calhoun.
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a hotel block at Embassy Suites, which is near the Francis Marion. They have a large lobby and do free cocktails and appetizers every evening, which was a great way for us to mingle with wedding guests who arrived a couple days early. They also have a fantastic free buffet & cook-to-order breakfast. They did not have a shuttle that I know of, but did have parking for $12/day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try The Unhotel. No lobby but lush private condos in the heart of King Street- really cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards