Massachusetts-Boston

need your help! bachelorette ideas!

Hi
I am a CT bride, but am planning a friend's bachelorette party and we want to go to Boston. The only problem is that I do not know Boston at all and have no idea of a good place to go! The only place I can think of is the Fanuiel Hall area where the Purple Shamrock is because I know there is a whole row of irish bars there. Do you have any other suggestions? What about hotel ideas? There will be able 8 girls going and we are looking to do dinner and then go out dancing.
Any suggestions you have would be a huge help! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: need your help! bachelorette ideas!

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the type of place you are looking to go.

Jacques Caberet: Drag shows and they cater to bachelorette parties.  You have to book in advance because its smaller and popular.  They bring the bride up onstage etc. Bring lots of dollar bills.

Liquor Store: College-y, but they have a mechanical bull.

Royale: The old Roxy, its a bit more upscale, but super busy and they always have great DJ's.

Estate: Another club.  Smaller than Royale, but another great place to dance.

All of these places will usually give you a break on admission or tables if you call in advance.  They love having a big group of girls come in.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    For hotel I would look at Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, fun boutique hotel with leopard print rugs. They are cheaper than a lot in the city and you can take the t or a taxi into town. I cannot really recommend any clubs as I haven't been there in years, but for our 32nd b-day we went to the 6B Lounge on Beacon and had a great time! It's connected to an Irish bar. On Fridays they have 80's night and on Saturday 90's. 

My girls took me to Newport on my bachelorette and it was a blast! 
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • cmartinesqcmartinesq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How old is the bride?? It makes a big difference in terms of which bars to go to. Don't stay at the Hyatt Regency downtown...we had major issues at my best friend's bachelorette!
  • edited December 2011
    The Bell in Hand is always a popular choice...it's in the same area as the Purple Shamrock.  The Liberty Hotel is a really fun hotel and has four or five bars (you could almost do an entire pub crawl there)

The Marliave is a great place for dinner as is Teatro.  Both are close to the Park Street T station.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_need-bachelorette-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:5ea52c4f-0743-4f50-a1a0-54f4d6e7fc66Post:114c3191-413d-4387-9767-89f785397bd9">Re: need your help! bachelorette ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends on the type of place you are looking to go. Jacques Caberet : Drag shows and they cater to bachelorette parties.  You have to book in advance because its smaller and popular.  They bring the bride up onstage etc. Bring lots of dollar bills. Liquor Store : College-y, but they have a mechanical bull. Royale : The old Roxy, its a bit more upscale, but super busy and they always have great DJ's. Estate : Another club.  Smaller than Royale, but another great place to dance. All of these places will usually give you a break on admission or tables if you call in advance.  They love having a big group of girls come in.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I agree with Blueyed. If the bachelorette is college aged, she might have fun at the Liquor Store. I love The Estate as it is more upscale and the DJs are usually really good. I don't love Royale, but a lot of people do. However, all three of these places are right next to huge Boston hotels. I've never been to Jacques Caberet but my sister loved it for a bachelorette party! Faneuil Hall could be fun if you want to bar-hop all night and try out different bars and clubs. Have fun!
  • James200James200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wife went on a Boston Harbour cruise to start her bachelloret party. Entertainment Cruises runs The Spirit of Boston and The Odyssey. She said it was amazing. We have been back many times since and have a blast every time. Singing waitstaff, great entertainment and food all for a reasonable price.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards