Attire & Accessories Forum

BM dresses help!

I'm torn between two BM dresses now, both are V-neck floor length style which I prefer, one from DB is $159 while the other one from Outerinner is only $77.4.

Here they are:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-Halter-Empire-Beaded-Dress-F14084_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

http://www.outerinner.com/v-neckline-ruched-top-bridesmaid-dress-pd-08122-12.html

I feel terrible asking the girls to buy the expensive one from DB, I'd like to keep the budget under $100 for them. Do you ladies think I should pay for the extra money to get the one from DB or I can just chance Outerinner?
Do what you say, say what you do!

Re: BM dresses help!

• have your girls tried either of these on? 
  • FWIW, I actually like the cheaper one better!

But if you're set on the DB dress, talk to your BMs first and get their input.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I didn't vote in your poll, but I'd talk to you BM about what they like better.  I really think the DB dress is gorge, but if you're set on that dress are you ok with shelling out the extra cash to cover the dresses?

I'd see what they like, maybe give them some input.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I like the less expensive dress better, too.  Did you ask your maids how much they could spend ahead of time?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you asked your BMs what their dress budget is?
    Anniversary
  • I like the second one better actually.  

If they like the first one and that is what you really want then I guess just pay the extra for them.  That could get pretty expensive though if you have more than a few bridesmaids.
  • I'm another vote preferring the cheaper one.  I think the lines on it look as though it will be more universally flattering than the DB.  (I think it's because the DB has a straight horizontal band under the bust while OI has a bit of a point to its band.)  I also ditto PPs question about whether you asked for your BMs budget.  You said that YOU wanted to keep it under $100, but is that actually their budget?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bm-dresses-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:c9bdfe86-d1a7-4832-bc3a-918173c8b585Post:db66a1aa-6013-419b-a7b6-bc62bd99e57f">Re: BM dresses help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm another vote preferring the cheaper one.  I think the lines on it look as though it will be more universally flattering than the DB.  (I think it's because the DB has a straight horizontal band under the bust while OI has a bit of a point to its band.)  I also ditto PPs question about whether you asked for your BMs budget.  You said that YOU wanted to keep it under $100, but is that actually their budget?
    Posted by Johan&Kimmie[/QUOTE]

One of the girls hinted me she can't afford more than $100, as far as I'm concerned, I don't want to ask them to pay more.

The 3 girls they are partial to the cheaper one, however, it'sthe site not in the states, Im a little bit scary ordering from them.  * Sigh *
    Do what you say, say what you do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards