Florida-North Florida

Catholic Church Ceremony Help!! Pensacola...

I am trying to find a catholic church in Pensacola that would be convenient to Downtown and pretty. I loved St. Michael's church, but they are already booked. St. Ann's in gulf breeze is available as well as The Sacred Heart Cathedral. I have contacted St. Paul's as well. It is so hard to tell because I can't find pictures of the inside of the churches. I am from Atlanta : ) Can anyone suggest which ones might be the prettiest inside???

Any help is really appreciated!!

Re: Catholic Church Ceremony Help!! Pensacola...

• edited December 2011
    St Pauls is Beautiful!! I live very close to that church, the area is also very nice! Do you have someone helping you plan here in Pensacola?
  • holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. I called St. Paul's church. It is a beautiful church!! We ended up booking Our Lady of the Assumption in Pensacola Beach because they were the only church that did not have a Saturday evening mass that we had to work around. I really appreciate your suggestion though!!

We are from Atlanta and we don't have anyone helping us plan down there, so it is really interesting!! We have the reception site booked as well as the caterer and bartender. However, that is as far as we have gotten. We are having the reception at Palafox Wharf.

If you have any other Pensacola vender suggestions I would really appreciate your input!! I feel like we have so much more to do, but I am happy that we found a ceremony and reception site.

Thanks again!!
  • SamIam01SamIam01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who do you have as your caterer?  Im in Pcola too!   Have you though about hiring a wedding planner?  I have a really good one!!  She is making it really easy for me.  I was refer to her by a bride on here.  It was the best decision Ive made so far :)  OH BTW... Our Lady of Assumption, is a beautiful church!!!  :)  I do think you will be pleased!!! 
  • holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks! A full wedding planner is not in our budget, but we are looking for a Day of Coordinator. The church costs includes a ceremony wedding coordinator, but we need someone to supervise the decorations and reception. Can you tell me the name of your planner? We are using Richey's East for Bartending and Apple Market for catering. They were both very reasonably priced.

I am so glad to meet another Pensacola Bride!!

• SamIam01SamIam01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    planner is Sara Gillianne weddings and events.
     www.gillianneweddings.com
    She will supervise the reception set up and break down! :)
  • Did the catholic churches agree to  marry you even though you are non members?  I am having problems with this.  Please message me if you get this!!! THX

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_catholic-church-ceremony-pensacola?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:85acc10d-c6e9-4e49-88fc-7ecd60956e82Post:15f02341-64c6-4c58-a9c5-8dc0daaaea53">Re: Catholic Church Ceremony Help!! Pensacola...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much. I called St. Paul's church. It is a beautiful church!! We ended up booking Our Lady of the Assumption in Pensacola Beach because they were the only church that did not have a Saturday evening mass that we had to work around. I really appreciate your suggestion though!! We are from Atlanta and we don't have anyone helping us plan down there, so it is really interesting!! We have the reception site booked as well as the caterer and bartender. However, that is as far as we have gotten. We are having the reception at Palafox Wharf. If you have any other Pensacola vender suggestions I would really appreciate your input!! I feel like we have so much more to do, but I am happy that we found a ceremony and reception site. Thanks again!!
    Posted by holthcm[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards