Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wasted?

2»

Re: Wasted?

• I don't have a clue who Leonard Matlin is either.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wasted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59a8f8f-31d9-4c0b-9bb1-21832b5d835dPost:76391919-d80f-4d18-be8a-cd89288451cb">Re: Wasted?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a clue who Leonard Matlin is either.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

he is a movie critic.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I thought he might've been Marlee Matlin's husband.  Thanks, Lynds.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wasted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59a8f8f-31d9-4c0b-9bb1-21832b5d835dPost:be9ffd58-cf24-4a68-9972-e16096ca2f1b">Re: Wasted?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought he might've been Marlee Matlin's husband.  Thanks, Lynds.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

nope... besides I do not think most actresses take their husband's names anyway.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • True. 

Also, Mery - living in LA that kind of stuff happens a lot.  It's always weird who you run into when you're invited places.  I miss random celeb sightings, although the day after X-mas I did run into Steve Harvey out here.
  • I rode an elevator with Reba McIntyre once!

And yeah, he's like Roger Ebert, but less famous. Apparently he still gets paid well, though, cause his house was nice. I also didn't expect everyone here to know him. And actually, that night, I was kind of like, "Who? Oh, yeah. Okay, I may have seen one of his books?"

I also worked in the business office of a really nice movie theater in LA, and we got crazy famous people seeing movies there all the time.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • No drinking for me tonight.  I'm a loser and we are staying in.  

For Y2K I lived in CO and went with a bunch of friends to Keystone to celebrate New Years.  I didn't realize that alcohol at a high altitude (10k ft) affects you differently than at a lower altitude.  We were playing A$$hole and for a while I was king but next thing I knew, I woke up as the A$$hole.  I don't even want to know what happened in between.  There were lots of stories about dancing on the table and other things but I chose not to believe the stories. The toilet was my BFF that night.  It will never happen again.
  • OK, it is 2:26 AM here and to answer the OP?...yes, I beleive I am wasted.

good night all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're heading out to see Sherlock Holmes.  The movie starts at 9:45 - it is now 8:37.  FI has decided he needs to go to the bathroom.  Ugh.  We're never going to make the movie on time. Oh, and if we do, we will not have good seats.

Happy New Year's!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wasted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59a8f8f-31d9-4c0b-9bb1-21832b5d835dPost:142c08a2-a8f5-4f15-877f-099166462a78">Re: Wasted?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im curious what a drunk thesun is like, I assume very polite and articulate but incredibly hilarious!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>I'm not sure about the articulate part, but I indeed save my funny for use whilst drunk. </p><p> </p><p> </p>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards