New York-Upstate

Looking for a Lake George area Venue

I'm planning a destination wedding for September, 2013. I'm flying out this September to look at venues, including the Sagamore. I don't love the Sagamore because they require you to use their caterer, etc., so I'm looking for something similar but more flexible.

I found this awesome venue called Blythewood (http://www.adkbyowner.com/listings/VR6725.html) that I fell in love with, but unfortunately they won't allow more than 21 people. 

Does anyone out there know of any other homes on the lake that might accomodate 100 or so people? 

Re: Looking for a Lake George area Venue

• You could try Inn at Erlowest and Highland Castle...both very beautiful but a little on the pricey side!
  • You could also try The Lake George Club
  • There is also the YMCA Silver Bay- Someone I know got married there and all the pictures from the grounds were just beautiful. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to say Inn at Erlowest.  Sagamore is beautiful as well and I would say that the catering should be great, so I wouldn't worry about that (unless its price you are worried about).

One of my good friends got married at Fort William Henry.  That was a nice wedding as well.
  • Canoe Island Lodge! I'm getting married there this September and they have been great.
  • We just booked Top of the World Golf Resort in Lake George.  The place is beautiful and the staff and GM are so nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards