Massachusetts-Boston

Help with shower places: Woburn, north

Hey Girls!
I know I'm too old to be hanging out here but my sister just recently got engaged (yay!) and I'm starting to research bridal shower places.  We are from southern NH, but now my sister lives in Woburn.  I'd like to have a nice list of places in both NH and in MA to look into before deciding where to have it.  FWIW she works in a hotel so all of those are completely out.  I'm thinking something like a nice restaurant or a museum that can accommodate a large group.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Help with shower places: Woburn, north

• edited December 2011
    There are a lot of places in these areas.  What is your budget like? I have been to bridal showers and christenings at the Crestview, and it was nice.  Cafe Escadrille in Burlington is really nice, but on the pricier side.  Vinny T's in Lexington Center is always good too!
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard the Andover Country Club is beautiful and extremely resonably priced for showers. It's right in between Woburn and NH too.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also Indian Ridge Country Club and the Lanam Club both in Andover, and Tewksbury Country Club...good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Dandelion Green is a great restaurant in Burlington with a good size function room. Their brunches are also priced very reasonably.
  • edited December 2011
    My BM's are throwing my shower at Ten Center Street Restaurant in Newburyport. I'm partial, but I love the food and the atmosphere. The girls rented out the function room which can accommodate up to 50 for a seated lunch/dinner. It's really pretty with exposed brick and a fireplace. Prices are reasonable. Check out their website for menu and such...

Other places that come to mind are:

-Beverly Depot
    -Finz in Salem
    -Hart House in Ipswich
    -Lyceum in Salem
    -Hawthorne Hotel in Salem

Good Luck!
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Griffin Museum in Winchester is nice.  Its different and really pretty.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • SweetPea1126SweetPea1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Woburn & would also recommend The Crestview...maybe even the Montvale Plaza.  Cafe Escadrille is beautiful but it could be $$$. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_shower-places-woburn-north?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:0740c47e-d339-4a91-a9f9-88128179b5f9Post:c83aec07-46b9-4d4b-a6f3-567c1142e3f5">Re: Help with shower places: Woburn, north</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dandelion Green is a great restaurant in Burlington with a good size function room. Their brunches are also priced very reasonably.
    Posted by october010bride[/QUOTE]

I attended a brunh Bridal Shower at the Dandelion Green and it was very nice : ) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PopoloskiPopoloski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    restaurant lucia

The Restaurant Lucia or Lucia Ristorante (I've heard it pronounced both ways) is in Winchester and a great place and the price isn't too bad either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards