New York-Western

WNY Venues

I am wondering if anyone has been to a wedding reception at either the Dock at the Bay or the Ellicott Square Building? My fiancee and I have been searching and searching for a venue, but we are having trouble finding something we love that fits into our budget without cutting our guest list down (we have 200-225 guests). We both grew up in Buffalo and really want to incorporate our love for our hometown into the wedding, and we would like something a bit more unique for the reception. We loved the Ellicott Square Building, but I'm worried that coordinating catering, parking, rentals, etc. would be too much stress. We also really liked the Dock at the Bay. I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on either of these venues?

Re: WNY Venues

• i haven't been to a wedding at either place.  In case those fall through, pearl street or the re-opened statler tower might be worth checking. =)
  • What is your budget? I had my wedding at Rich's Atrium and would highly recommend it. The room is Buffalo/Niagara Falls in one room. Good Luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited February 2012
    We are trying to keep it to $60-65 a person, so that Statler is out of our budget. :) Pearl St is a consideration though. I would love Rich's, but when I called, the person I spoke to told me that they may be doing some renovations to the atrium in 2013, and so they weren't booking any events yet. He told me to call back in a few months, but I'm hoping to get our venue booked in the next few weeks, and I don't want to wait on Rich's only to find out they won't be available in 2013.
  • Another option is that Pearl Street is doing the catering at the Lafayette Hotel once it opens (scheduled for this May).  My wedding reception will be there at the end of July. It's a very pretty, historic venue but still for very reasonable prices--I think our prices are around $50-something a person.

I know Pearl Street is catering at the Webb building too, but I haven't been there and seen the set-up.  Pearl Street is having a bridal show on Sunday February 26th and they're supposed to be doing tours of the Lafayette and the Webb in addition to having the show at their restaurant that afternoon, so if you're interested I think it would be worth checking out!  

Good luck making your decision! :)

Alison
  • Im having my reception at the Webb in July of 2013. Its absolutly beautiful in there and unique. $50 a plate. Definatley worth it to check out. And Natalie who works with u is excellent!
  • We're also having our reception at the Webb (May 2013).  I agree it is beautiful!!! Same rustic feel of Pearl, but gorgeous floor to ceiling windows in the front... lots of natural light in the back as well.  About $63 a person.... annnnd if you have 200+ people you're guaranteed to have the entire venue to yourselves.  So nice!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I attended a wedding at E. Square... it was beautiful inside, but very cold in the atrium!  Not sure if the heat was on because it was early fall. Other than that it was nice and there was plenty of parking nearby- it was a non event night at First Niagara.  I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
    We're also having our reception at the Webb (May 2013).  I agree it is beautiful!!! Same rustic feel of Pearl, but gorgeous floor to ceiling windows in the front... lots of natural light in the back as well.  About $63 a person.... annnnd if you have 200+ people you're guaranteed to have the entire venue to yourselves.  So nice!!!  
    Good luck! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could try Protocol,  It is currentlly, for my sit down dinner package, 46$/person, including the bar. www.protocolrestaurant.com

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards