Wedding Invitations & Paper

Ivitation dates and deadlines..

Hello there! My wedding is May 23,2013 I was wondering when I should send out bridal shower/ bachelorette pary invites. (my shower and bach party will be combined). I was always wondering when my wedding invites should be sent out and when the RSVP should be. A MAJORITY of our guest will be out of town; I have already sent out my STD's.

THANK YOU Ladies!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ivitation dates and deadlines..

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Shower/bachelorette party about 1 month in advance (unless it's on a holiday weekend, then maybe afford guests another week or so notice)

Wedding invitations 6-8 weeks in advance. I noticed your wedding is on a Thursday? If this is actually the case, you'll probably want to send at the 8 week mark so guests can request off of work.

Your RSVP deadline should be about a week before your caterer/venue needs final numbers.

ETA: You know you can't host your own shower & bachelorette party, correct? You can provide a list of your desired invitees to your hostess(es), but that's your only role.
  • Yes, I do know that I can't host my own parties. My MOH and I were just talking about when invites should go out. And I requested that the party be combined.  And yes, My wedding date is on a Thursday. Thanks! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_ivitation-dates-and-deadlines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:276a7a3b-1931-4b14-ad16-5e740612ecbfPost:7ad811cb-c287-45d8-9e8c-9d93d3f617bf">Ivitation dates and deadlines..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello there! My wedding is May 23,2013 I was wondering when I should send out bridal shower/ bachelorette pary invites. <strong>(my shower and bach party will be combined</strong>). I was always wondering when my wedding invites should be sent out and when the RSVP should be. A MAJORITY of our guest will be out of town; I have already sent out my STD's. THANK YOU Ladies!!
    Posted by heathernmatt07[/QUOTE]

I'd just say be aware of the guest list and have the invites mention what to expect.  Honestly, if I was invited to a combo shower/bachelorette party, I'd probably decline.  If it was just the shower I'd attend, but I'm not really into the whole bachelorette party thing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards