Ohio-Toledo

Ceremony & Reception Locations

Hi Ladies!  I'm looking into possibly holding my wedding ceremony and reception possibly in your area and was wondering if you could tell me where you're having your ceremony and reception...and what other ones did you maybe consider.

Thanks for ALL your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ceremony & Reception Locations

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    http://www.nazarethhall.com/

This is where I am getting married.  We are having the both the ceremony and recpetion there.  There is a chapel inside for a ceremony, and a grotto outside for a ceremony.

There are many hotels in the area that you can have both the ceremony and reception at.  The zoo also allows you to have the ceremony and reception there.

What is your budget?

Good luck, congrats, and welcom :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you could give a general budget, we could give suggestions that are a little more helpful... there are a WIDE range of prices for halls in the area.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes - budget and # of guests might help ... 

Our wedding is at Rosary Cathedral and our reception is at the Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion. Both locations have a "fee" to even hold your wedding or reception there but we didn't mind (they were both our top choices anyways). The cathedral holds TONS of people so that's not a problem. The Glass Pavilion can to receptions up to I think 250 people. 

We also looked into the Toledo Zoo and Crowne Plaza for our receptions, but the whole time our hearts were set on the Glass Pavilion. 

Not sure if this helps or not - good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had the ceremony at Pearson Park.  The local metroparks are beautiful and any of them can be booked for a wedding.  If you have any interest in an outdoor ceremony, I would look at this page.

http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/whattodo/index.asp?page_id=564

Our reception was at Bayside Boardwalk in Oregon.  I think this will be one of the less expensive places mentioned here.  We were looking at VFW halls and similarly priced venues and this one was by far the nicest.  While I wouldn't say it looked like a ballroom, it definitely didn't have that VFW or high school cafeteria feel.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at a metropark.  We are getting married inside the Manor House (cap: 90) at Wildwood, but you can get married outside on the grounds also.  Wildwood also has a reception facility (cap: 150) Ward Pavillion.  We are having our reception elsewhere however at Stone Oak Country Club.

I have to agree with the previous ladies that your budget and numbers will make a difference as to where you can go.  Your number will play a huge part if you are looking for somewhere specific.  We had a hard time because we were looking for a venue that held 150-200, but that was picturesque. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry girls for the lack of information and thanks to all who have provided already.  We're looking at 100-120 guests, and a place that if possible, we could have both the ceremony and reception.  Inside or outside works, I prefer inside but not against using tents if needed.  Our wedding will be in October of next year.

Also, our theme is vintage so I am hoping to find somewhere that's not TOO modern.  I'm up for looking at any kind of venue, a formal affair to even the local parks.  Thanks for all your help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You have a lot of options with 100-120 guests!!!  A lot of places in Toledo that can accomodate a reception can usually accomodate a ceremony also.  I would say you have to decide if you want to hire your own caterer or use what the location offers.  We decided on a country club because we didn't want to deal with renting linens, finding a caterer/bartender, setting up, cleaning up, etc. 

I don't know how vintage you are going, but the Mansion View Inn (http://www.mansionviewtoledo.com/) might work as a location.  But like I said before, with your number of guests, there are a lot more unique locations that are open to you.  I wish I could remember all of the ones I wanted, but couldn't have because of our guest list.  Just google "Toledo Wedding Venue" or something akin to that and start clicking.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out olander park: http://www.olanderpark.com. We are having our wedding and reception there, it is only 575 for 9 hours. it is absolutely beautiful outside is the ceremony with a deck overlooking a lake and then the recption is inside. it holds 160
  • amjlamjl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say hi! I'm also in Columbus and planning my wedding for NW Ohio in October 2011. We've booked Nazareth Hall Chapel and a Ballroom there for approximately 150 guests. We looked at about 7 places up in Toledo that could hold both the ceremony and the reception because FI's family is from Iowa and I didn't want people getting lost between the ceremony and reception. Nazareth Hall is somewhat of a drive from the nearest hotels, but the drive is gorgeous and well worth it. It fits the vintage theme perfectly. That's what I am actually going with as well.

Our close second was either Stone Ridge Golf Course in Bowling Green or Heatherdowns Country Club. We also looked at Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg (we couldn't get past the weird mardi gras clown heads in the pool area) and the Crown Plaza in downtown Toledo.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also from Columbus and getting married at Nazareth Hall, www.nazarethhall.com.I fell in love with the site the first time I saw it.  It's an old boys military school, and still has alot of the charm from the school, the old lockers, and classrooms.  The site is absolutely gorgeous.  As someone already stated the site has an outdoor grotto and an indoor chapel, I booked both in case the the weather doesn't allow for my dream outdoor wedding. There are 3 different reception rooms to choose from, I choose Cadet West, I even changed my wedding date just so I could get the room. Kevin, the event coordinator, is absolutely fabulous. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow, lots of peole getting married at Nazareth :) We are using Cadet West as well. And we also chose our wedding date based on when we could get that room!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The Toledo Club downtown also has a very vintage feeling. I'm a hairdresser and have spent many weekends at different venues all of the ones mentioned here are beautiful!
  • amw213amw213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try glass city boardwalk in moline or the navy bistro in toledo, both a beautiful! with navy bistro you get a wedding corrdinator
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards