Not Engaged Yet

Preference of an alcohaulic beverage

What is your preference?  If it is a wine what kind of wine do you like?? I like the sweeter wine. So I like the moscato.  I am so clueless when it comes to wine it's ridiculous.  I'm KUI right now, and I need to know this information.  Also, I can't believe how many hott girls frequent this board.  I mean really, this did no help to my self esteem.

ETA: Paint-I hope I did the subject line justice.  If anyone doesn't know what this post is about, they need not apply. 

Edited again- To add the right Knottie.  I also would like to add that I wish I could edit the subject line.  So this may not help the subject post thing, since it is misspelled.  Epic fail. 

When is my wedding

Re: Preference of an alcohaulic beverage

• edited December 2011
    I like all kinds of booze.  My favorites include tequila, vodka, and rum.  I'm not much of a gin or whiskey fan.  I'm more of a fan of white wine than red.  I really enjoy a good Riesling.

There are many pretty girls who frequent this site, and I'll bet you're no exception.  Don't you fret.  Wink
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, hon, it's a bad sign when you can't spell alcoholic! Do NOT open a third bottle or I have a feeling you will be unhappy tomorrow. You wouldn't want to put a damper on your NYE festivities, right? :)

Also, I think it was Paint that was posting about the subject lines earlier.

Thirdly, I think you're purrrrty. And I am jealous of your horses. But most importantly, you have a good heart. Pretty is as pretty does. 

And, lastly, is there a Total Wine near you? I think they have some in NJ. They do free tastings every weekend, and the staff is usually really knowledgeable. Prices are super low, too. Highly recommend wandering in and asking for suggestions if you have one nearby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I absolutely LOVE pineapple juice with coconut rum. It is so yummy.

In general I love rum and vodka. Rum and coke and vodka with anything is good too.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, you are KUI!

If it helps you any, I've gained about 25lbs from my "fav" picture earlier.

I finally got off my Soco and red bull kick.  I spent all last year getting trashed on that.
    Sweet tea and whiskey is good.
    Jager turns me into SuperCvnt.  I'm rude.  REALLY rude. 

I had a Kirin Ichiban with dinner, YUM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Desert, see this is why I nominated you for the best advice giverer.  I am too tipsy for this, but it is totally ok! FI and I are celebrating our NYE eve since he has to work new years day.  Except he is slacking on the drinking.  He is playing video games instead of drinking.  He has some catching up to do!
    When is my wedding
    edited December 2011
    I totally went back and re-checked you out in that yellow top. Hotness! :)

Make your FI turn his video games into drinking games!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_preference-of-alcohaulic-beverage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf08993c-623d-4d2d-aec5-d688999f5579Post:cd85634b-b420-4bc1-86e5-ca2caef761fe">Re: Preference of an alcohaulic beverage</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you are KUI! If it helps you any, I've gained about 25lbs from my "fav" picture earlier. I finally got off my Soco and red bull kick.  I spent all last year getting trashed on that. Sweet tea and whiskey is good. <strong>Jager turns me into SuperCvnt.  I'm rude.  REALLY rude.</strong>  I had a Kirin Ichiban with dinner, YUM.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'd kinda like to see this. From a safe distance. B/c I feel sure it would be hilarious. :)

</div>

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks Desert.  I needed that tonight.  Although I wasn't even saying it to be an AW.  Just to say how hawt everyone was.  BTW everytime I see your siggy about being the fulcrum, I literally LOL.
    When is my wedding
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's time for a KUI badge for you, Coastie! I actually like your new spelling of alcoholic.

I'm not much of a drinker...I can't stand the taste of alcohol. But I do make an excellent pina colada.

• edited December 2011
    I love Malibu Bay Breeze and a good pina colada. Also, I've decided I really like white zinfandel. Especially Arbor Mist Strawberry White Zinfandel. I drank a bottle by myself in two days.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Leia.  It's just worse because I am KUI while bored.  A bad combination.  If you find the badge I would totally parade that sh!t in my siggy with honor. I'm guessing I was thinking about hauling some more wine here.  Cool
    When is my wedding
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally giggling at this post :P

My drink of choice is a chocolate martini. Runner-ups include: mimosa, champagne, some lemon drops, and Malibu rum and coke.

I don't like wine. It's pretty gross. EXCEPT a sauvignon blanc from Flora Springs. It's like drinking juice.

https://www.florasprings.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=productdetail&product_id=368

I have linked it because I can't freaking find it anywhere except in Napa itself and I can only hope that by pimping the stuff out that will change and I won't have to drive all the way up to BF's parents' house just to get my hands on it. />:(

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the subject line, coastie. Good work.

I went to the liquor store yesterday and asked where they keep their carts. They looked at me like I had two heads. WHAT? They have carts at liquor stores in/near DC! How was I to know there are no carts at liquor stores here in the sticks? So I had to do the liquor walk of shame from the aisles to the counter multiple times to get the bottles up there. Embarassed  THEN I needed boxes to get the booze to my car.

They asked if I was having a party. I said, "Nope, just two of us." I have never been so popular.

Oh  - and I like red and white wines, depending on my mood and the food (though I don't always go with the "rules" on wines). I drink almost anything involving vodka (martinis, cosmos, etc), margaritas (no tequila straight - puke material), and rum. I try to stick to Captain Morgan and diet - it's the lowest calorie cocktail I can find.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a classy kinda girl - I like everything from 2 buck chuck and up! haha

My favorite is a nice flavoured martini though.  We've got a great place here that does Martini Mondays and you can get some really delicious ones! nom nom nommmm

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like wine or beer at all. I like champagne, vodka (vanilla vodka is NOMS), rum, and tequila. My drink of choice would have to be a cranberry vodka or an amaretto sour.

And PS - you're way hawt, Coastie. Don't kid yourself!
  • edited December 2011
    I like almost all sorts of drinks and I am holding myself from drinking anything with alcohol including beer until the NYE party.
    The list of my favorites are:
    Wines (Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling, and others);
    Beer (Stella Artois, Yuengling, Guiness, Sam Adams, and others);
    Champagne;
    Vodka (mixed with other drinks such as White Russian, Cranberry Vidka, etc);
    Whiskey;
    Rum;
    and many others.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really picky....is that good or bad?

In terms of wine, I prefer white wine to red, but red is growing on me since it is BFs preference.

In terms of beer, I prefer lighter beers. I hate a really intense hoppy taste, ugh.

As for hard liquor, I prefer whiskey and gin.
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I can drink I prefer Malibu and Pineapple juice or Sangria. DH is more of a beer guy (if he drinks at all). I have also been  known to drink Vodka and Gatorade (Don't hate on my cheap college ass.. well when I was in college this was the beverage of choice)
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Gin.

The end.
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like beer.  There's a local brewery here that I absolutely love.  Their IPA is fantastic and their seasonal pumpkin porter is to die for.

As far as wine, I usually prefer white wine.  (FI and I just bought some Moscato for tonight), but I'll drink red on occassion.

The only liquor I like is vodka.  It's the only one that I can have a really bad night, and still drink again.  LOL.  I usually drink vodka Sprite with a splash of cran.  It's yummy :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I saw your post on moscato i had some for the first time a few weeks ago never heard of it but it was great. My drink depends on my mood, ill drink anything from beer, to a cosmo, mixed drink and of course wine.  Nothing wrong with the $3 wine from trader joe's.  I also recently discovered sweet tea vodka, not a huge vodka fan, but it's yummy.  I've mixed it with sprite and lemonade.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards