Nevada-Las Vegas

Joe's Restaurant Board Room

So I'm still in search of a restaurant that can offer a private room for 10-15 people...  The Palm still hasn't responded to me so I emailed Joe's which is also in the Forum Shops.  They can accommodate but the best option is their 'board room' which seats 14 for dinner.  The problem is, the picture reminds me of the boardroom in The Apprentice (!) and I'm not sure it looks appropriate....has anyone used it???
Wedding Countdown Ticker
MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Joe's Restaurant Board Room

• I hate to say it, but it does remind me of a board room.... Frown But maybe with decorations, it would be okay?

Even though it sounds like you want something inside the Forum Shops, there are plenty of places that you could go with that small of a group and take a rented shuttle. I would not sacrifice the space/restaurant I want when it costs less than $100 to have a shuttle take you somewhere else. Vegas is filled with awesome restaurants and I would hate to limit myself. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks klminor17 , I appreciate the honesty!  I am paying for pictures through the dinner as well and I just can't imagine the wood panelling as the back drop!  So sadly, I guess Joe's is out....I'll look outside the Forum shops, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I've been to the restaurant but never the board room.  I think the picture you attached looks like it is set up for a business lunch as opposed to a reception dinner.  But I could picture that room with candles on the table, some nice flower centerpieces (check out Pam from The Pallette flowers who gave me really decent quotes), favors (if you do them), maybe a table runner going down the center of the table, etc.  I think with the right lighting (candles etc.) it could look intimate and romantic.  

Then again, if you are looking for dancing, etc., I could see that space being tight.  
    Good luck with your decision! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    I'm having our reception at Joe's but I didn't look at the board room as we have quite a bit of quests. We're having ours in the Gigi Room and you can do a long table option but it seats up to 30 so it might feel a bit empty. Although if you're looking to do dancing or anything like that I think it might be good.

Have you checked out Trevi, Mon Ami Gabi, or Maggiano's?
  • If I'm not mistaken, I believe Joe's can reconfigure that board room with a few round tables or some sort of other set up. I'd ask them...You can spice up any space with candles, flower, linens, music, even lighting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_joes-restaurant-board-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d4487777-07fc-48f0-9747-0b6923f77543Post:5b77598f-7c1a-478c-a466-921f7fb753eb">Re: Joe's Restaurant Board Room</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I'm not mistaken, I believe Joe's can reconfigure that board room with a few round tables or some sort of other set up. I'd ask them...You can spice up any space with candles, flower, linens, music, even lighting.
    Posted by krisstyle12[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I wouldn't doubt it if they can put a long table in the Gigi Room. Might be best to give them a call.</div>
  • Unfortunately there aren't any other table configuration options, and according to the extremely helpful rep there, it is 'very much a wood panelled room with a long wood table' which I think was her wink/wink way of telling me it's pretty ugly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you inquired with Spago (in the forum shops)?  I've never been upstairs other than to use the restroom but they have a large upstairs area with a lot of doors so I think there are private rooms up there of varying sizes.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thanks everyone, I will try Spagos and Mon Ami Gabi! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having ours in the salon prive at the eiffel tower restaurant. and we are having between 10 20 people. just another option
  • I didn't even think of the Eiffel Tower restaurant!  Thanks, this board is so awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards