April 2013 Weddings

NWR: Fifty Shades of Grey

Alright ladies, I just started it over the weekend and I CAN'T put it DOWN. I  am almost done with the first one, and I need to talk with someone about it!!! I am obsessed, I honestly at this point might be in love with Mr. Grey. haha! I heard mixed reviews from people (it being raunchy etc) But I kind of like their relationship. I think it is hot, and I l am so drawn into their relationship and I love the bantar between him and Ana, and what shes does to him.  because how he is feeling was unexpected on his part. I can't wait to read more when I get home.
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWR: Fifty Shades of Grey

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I haven't read it, and I am not sure if I want to or not lol, but you sound just like one of my friends. I asked her what her plans were for last weekend and she said reading those books!
  • VK- I was apprehensive at first, yes its hot and steamy and there is a lot of sex, but I am soooo drawn to their relationship!

• I honestly wasn't that thrilled with them. I mean,I kept reading cuz it was something to do, but I didn't get all hot and bothered like everyone else...maybe when the movie comes out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in the middle of the second book and honestly -- I'm not floored. The whole BDSM thing isn't exactly my cup of tea and I'm turned off of Christian's possesive-ness/stalkerism. I have all three books so I'm going to continue reading, it's something to do and I find it's a relatively easy and entertaining read... but not sure that I'll give it a full set of stars.
  • I finished them all last week...after the first one they go downhill FAST.  Christian's annoyingly obsessive/controlling, Ana's "inner goddess" and "Oh my Fifty" gets super annoying fast and...imo, the sexytime scenes got redundant and not that exciting so I would up skipping through them in the last two books.  Oh, in the epilogue of the final book, there's a truly disturbing (to me!) sex scene/conversation after sex, too, that just made me go WTF did I just read?!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loved them!  I actually reread them immediately after finishing the trilogy.  My FI wants to right the author a thank you note for the extra sexy time he has been getting.  I get so wrapped up in their relationship and its inner workings.  I am not totally into the BDSM but overall I think they are a good read.  I am definitely up for talking about them with you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_nwr-fifty-shades-of-grey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:725e9280-74c0-4d22-888a-2aeb9a95525dPost:0590f736-5a25-4032-9994-21f6e71705eb">Re: NWR: Fifty Shades of Grey</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved them!  I actually reread them immediately after finishing the trilogy.  My FI wants to right the author a thank you note for the extra sexy time he has been getting.  I get so wrapped up in their relationship and its inner workings.  I<strong> am not totally into the BDSM but overall I think they are a good read</strong>.  I am definitely up for talking about them with you!
    Posted by dandelionsgirl[/QUOTE]

Same here! I would love someone to talk about it with! I as well am wrapped up in their relationship!
  • Its funny because after you posted this yesterday I went through last night and reread some of my favorite parts.  I don't think it will get old for awhile.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I absolutely love love love the first book and I'm dying as I wait for my friend to finish the second one so I can read it.  (we always swap books)  Its not like its the best written book or anything but the story is great.  and the relationship between grey and ana is sooooo awesome!  my fiance also wants to hug the author for his extra affection lately! hehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards