Connecticut

**Tuesday Roll Call**

Who is in the house today?

What is one thing that you hope to accomplish today/this week??

Rants/Raves??
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: **Tuesday Roll Call**

• edited December 2011
    My fiance comes home for the 1st time in 4 months Thursday. I am taking him to see the venue Friday, cake tasting on Saturday, E-pics and family visiting on Sunday!

I can't decide on what to do for the flowers. The BM's dresses are Guava by David's Bridal. I don't know if I want all white for the BM's and mixed for me or all mixed! Ugh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to figure out transporation for the wedding day, something for the bridal party and then also a bus/shuttle for guests from the hotel to the venue.  I'm just astounded by some of the prices I am getting.

FI and I have our marriage prep/pre-cana this weekend.  Then we are all set on our classes and can get married in the church!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm around!  FI is in the middle of law school finals - one more semester to go after this!

This week, I have a lot of work to catch up on.  The week before Thanksgiving, I was sick with shingles so I was bedridden all week.  And last week was pretty much a wash since I only worked 2 days.  But this Saturday, I'm going to see my dress!!!!  No fittings until May or so, but I'm so darned excited to see my dress and try it on.  Yay!

In a rant, I ordered a sash & hairpiece back in August off Etsy, but told the vendor there was no real rush as I knew it was wedding season for her, so it could wait a few weeks if necessary but I wanted it by October.  She's been telling me she'd finish it for over 3 months now, and I still don't have it!  I saw pictures of it online two weeks ago, but she hasn't shipped it yet, so it's very unlikely it will get here by this weekend.  Oh well!

Anniversary

• lfreeman24lfreeman24 member
    edited December 2011

We changed our caterer so there's that! Deposit for the florist, and starting to look at cakes! Yummy. My fiance keeps asking when THAT tasting is!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm here! :)

Hoping to have our photographer, dj, florist, and hotel block all set by the end of the week. I'm crossing my fingers that all of the meetings go well and I can actually get all of that accomplished. I'm also trying to figure out what to do for our save the dates since we may not take our engagement pictures until the spring.

I'm hoping next week I can take some time to enjoy our engagement, it has only been 2 weeks!
    Anniversary
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm finishing up my Master's thesis!- due on Thursday! Can't wait for it to be done! 

And this weekend I'm going to my my hair and make-up trials and wedding shoe shopping with my MOH  :)
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not understanding how this week is moving SO SLOW and I have so LITTLE motivation here at work. I guess it's the short week last week, but I so don't want to be here and need to snap out of that for tomorrow and onward...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to book our honeymoon this week!  Hair trial and book hair/make-up/ transportation next week...... then I'm pretty much done with the "big stuff" and on to checking off the details one by one!
    Anniversary
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    Our main goal is to try to get STD's sent out by the end of the week and if not then the beginning of next week.  We will be gone all weekend at a wedding in Long Island so we may not get to the post office before next week.

Besides that, there's not much on our "to do" list except the millions of places we have to go to and get gifts for all of these events/christmas.
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it just me, or is November dragging? I woke up today and I was like, wtf it's still November?!

I'll be around this weekend. Getting our christmas tree, trying to figure out school work. . Meeting with linens people and a baker on Friday (love testing different bakers!). Doing small wedding details, and getting ready for christmas! Fun times...
  • edited December 2011
    We are checking out a venue on Thursday. Hopefully we like it and can sign a contract by the end of the year. Then we can focus on the caterer!!! Tastings here we come! I agree, this last bit of November is dragging. I can't wait until Christmas... Mostly for the 5 days paid timed of I get because I work at a catholic college!!!!
  • junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got my STDs ordered, hoping to have all my guests addresses by the end of the week and sign a contract with the florist & photographer by next week.
    And I agree- this week is moving tooo slow, I have lost a lot of motivation (especially when it comes to a new job search) and this rain is making it worse :(
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011

I’m here!

WR- Go through our photos to make the album. Our photographer had like 1300+ photos, I don’t know how we’re going to choose!

NWR- Pack for Disney this weekend :)

Rave- Can’t wait to go on our “mini vacation” this weekend.

Rants- This week is dragging on!

Anniversary
  • Whtara10Whtara10 member
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully getting our Christmas tree this weekend. Should also be dropping the deposit off to the caterer. Also paid for the limo today. Am hoping to get more Christmas shopping done!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards