Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Poll: Random randomly randomness

Building on Little Sweetie's newbies/lurkers poll, here's a poll for everyone!

1. Favorite vendor thus far?

2. What is the wackiest element of your wedding?

3. Least favorite area of wedding planning?

4. New Year's plans?

5. “The Hangover”: Funny? Somewhat funny? Not funny?

6. Winter: how do you deal with cabin fever?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Random randomly randomness

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Tie between by DOC (Kirsten of fab.you.lous events) and Louise!

2. Our wedding wasn't too whacky.  I dyed my crinoline... that's about it on my end.  That and the Packers garter I got for my husband.  AT the wedding though, the best man bought pimp hats/canes in our colors, and two groomsmen busted out "Regulate" karaoke style and ROCKED it!

3. Invitations.

4. We're having people over at our house because my husband has to log in for work at 11.

5. Haven't seen it...

6. Many trips to warm locales :D
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll play my own game.

1. Photographer (Biff from Vada Photography)

2. My fiance really wants "Without You" by Motley Crue as our first dance. (Stop laughing. It was way hot in 1990.) I said yes. I have no idea what I was thinking. It's not the early 90s cheesiness that gets me, it's the suuuuper slow tempo. I'm getting junior high flash backs.

3. Figuring out transportation for wedding party/family/guests.

4. Spending a long weekend in my fiance's hometown in northern MN.

5. I've watched it twice, and I find it only slightly funny. I think I'm in the minority.

6. Snowshoes. Snowmobile. A 1.75 of Jack Daniels. (Kidding!) Weeklong March vacations in sunny climates.

Happy New Year!
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite vendor thus far?My florist!  I've changed my mind a few times and she has been so patient with me :) 2. What is the wackiest element of your wedding?Our wedding isn't going to be very wacky.  I dyed my shoes blue! 3. Least favorite area of wedding planning?INVITATIONS.  I havn't really started yet, but I'm dreading it.  I've also hated the guest list process.  Making cuts is really hard to force parents to do... 4. New Year's plans?We're going to a wedding!!  I'm super excited. 5. “The Hangover”: Funny? Somewhat funny? Not funny?I thought it was funny, but overrated.  I didn't get what all the fuss was about. 6. Winter: how do you deal with cabin fever?I HATE snow and ice and cold.  UGH.  I just continue to wedding plan while sitting under my electric blanket! 
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011

Has to be Heather from the Profile Event Center (or reception cite). She is AWESOME and gets back to me quickly and doesn't seem to be bothered by my mass of incessant bride emails :)

Maybe my purple shoes

Invites - I am going DIY and like DIY projects but cant seem to get motivated on this one

4. New Year's plans?

Dinner with my college roommates and FI and then off to a friend's house for the night

Funny - def no plot but some LOL moments

I really like lighting a fire in our fireplace, curling up with a blanket and drinking hot chocolate

• edited December 2011

Che Bella for my veil and accessories.  They were just so nice and helpful!

Karaoke at the reception.

Dealing with the church.  UGH!

4. New Year's plans?
    DH and I are going to a few parties.  Pretty low key.

Never seen it.

Hmmmm, I don't really get cabin fever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

1. Favorite vendor thus far? Have to ditto drdifabio on Heather at PEC she has been so great and also gets back to me fast

2. What is the wackiest element of your wedding? I don't know if this wacky but the DJ is going to play TV theme songs while everyone is getting their food and he will (hopefully) get people to shout out what they think the Theme songs are

3. Least favorite area of wedding planning? dealing with everyone in our family and therir options and how they would do things different PLUS lot of DRAMA with our wedding party

4. New Year's plans? Staying at home and at midnight am going out to my back yard and shouting "I AM GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR!" lol

5. “The Hangover”: Funny? Somewhat funny? Not funny? Can't wait to see it

6. Winter: how do you deal with cabin fever? when it's kind of nice out talking my dog to the park.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Matt from Capture Studios, just the nicest, friendliest guy you've ever met and is so passionate about his work (which is UH-MAZING!) and Heather from the PEC. We booked with her 2 years out and she's still been super helpful and quick with responding to my endless questions and obsessing. All of my vendors have been great so far (knock on wood)!

I don't know about wacky, but we've got some definitely unique elements. FI, myself, and the groomsmen will all be wearing custom Chuck Taylors and I feel that our venue is pretty unique, too.

Trying to reign in all my ideas! There's so many different color combos, themes, etc. that I love, finding a way to narrow it all down and stay consistent is hard!

4. New Year's plans?

Going to a Las Vegas themed New Year's party as a shotgun wedding couple

Funny, but overrated as most of those movies are....but I did find it entertaining.

Hot chocolate, Bravo and VH1, and The Knot Smile

• supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. Favorite vendor?

We were fortunate to have more than one phenomenal vendor, I can't pick just one! We loved Paige DeWees (photography), Deven Nelson (flowers), Brynn Andre Beauty (makeup), and the Darrin James salon (hair and location for makeup). Most of our other vendors also rocked, but these were the most fun to work with in person.

2. What was the wackiest element of your wedding?

We had a couple of unusual elements, but I think the "wackiest" would be the Flight of the Bumblebees photo series we did - we had the duration of the song to run around and get a picture with every table at the wedding. It was very funny and everyone got into it!

Designing our invitations. I love the way they turned out, but it was such a headache to do without the proper tools.

4. New Year's plans?

Hung out with some friends!

Haven't seen it. I hear it's funny, I should throw it on our Netflix queue...

I tend to hole up in the winter and do a lot of reading (which I guess I do anyway). I also usually vow to participate in some sort of winter activity (snow tubing, etc) and never manage to make it happen - this year I built a snow-woman on Christmas Day, which I'd definitely say counts!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_poll-random-randomly-randomness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:daeee13d-c5c8-4006-bd3d-82d17642d762Post:5988f00f-64b9-447c-b0ae-e0aee4623109">Re: Poll: Random randomly randomness</a>:
    [QUOTE]2. What was the wackiest element of your wedding? We had a couple of unusual elements, but I think the "wackiest" would be the Flight of the Bumblebees photo series we did - we had the duration of the song to run around and get a picture with every table at the wedding. It was very funny and everyone got into it!  Posted by supersalwa[/QUOTE]

HA! I love this! What a fun idea!
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend it - it was a big hit and I'm positive we wouldn't have gotten pictures of all our guests otherwise!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite vendor thus far?    Toss-up between Laura Ivanova (photog) and Sadie's Floral Design (florist) 2. What is the wackiest element of your wedding?    There's nothing too wacky that I can think of other than trying to     plan it all from 2 states away! 3. Least favorite area of wedding planning?    Planning it from 2 states away, lol 4. New Year's plans?    FI and I went to a party at the Hyatt in downtown Chicago 5. “The Hangover”: Funny? Somewhat funny? Not funny?    Pretty hilarious, actually.6. Winter: how do you deal with cabin fever?     Get outside as much as possible...and layers.
  • coleobrcoleobr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Southview Country Club - Colleen Berg.  I tell her the basics and she fills in the details perfectly.

I think the wackiest element is our cake.  Its chocolate through and through.

Handling the family issues and fiances.  Weddings are so emotional and since both sets of parents are chipping in they want things done their way. 

4. New Year's plans?

Sitting on the couch drinking champagne with my FI and watching movies.

Funny, I love the tiger in the bathroom scene.

I walk to work.

• edited December 2011

I'm not sure that I can pick just one.  Its either Barb (Barb's Bridal in downtown Hastings) Or Sandi at Natural Imagery (photography) but I'm baised because Sandi is a family friend

We are putting different variations of gummy candies on every table

Dealing with FMIL and the guest list!! So glad that is finally over!

4. New Year's plans?
    We played "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" on the wii

I thought I was going to hate it, but actually thought it was really funny.

Well since my fiance works overnights and I work during the day, I just try to spend as much time with him as I can. When he's working though I watch all my wedding shows that he doesn't like :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards