Michigan-Detroit

All inclusive adult only resorts?

Heya all,

Ive left this honeymoon planning up to the FI so far and he's picked a place he really loves Excellence in the Dominican Republic, for us to go. So i went and looked up reviews on trip advisor and while it gets 4.5 outta 5 the biggest complaint is NO AIR CONDITIONING in the resturaunts and in the rooms its weak.  Ok, call me a big baby but i dont think i will have much fun if im sweating the whole time i'm trying to enjoy dinner.

Anyone have other suggestions for all inclusive resorts? He wanted adults only so we didnt miss our kids too much but i dont think thats a must have.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All inclusive adult only resorts?

• edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Excellence in Puntaa (apparently that word spelled right is a bad word??) Cana in the Dominican Republic.  They had air conditioning in the rooms and the restaurants.  Maybe it was out when the people wrote in or it is new, but we went this past December and they had it.  I remember because I was freezing in the room because DH kept turning the air up and I kept going outside to warm up.

If you want to email me at msupettineo at yahoo.com, I have pictures.  Let me know if you have any other questions on it!  We had a blast and I would go again.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico.  Absolutely loved it!  You truly can't go wrong with an Exellence resort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    For anyone else interested, I put up a review here:

• edited December 2011
    We went to the Royal Playa del Carmen (in Mexico) and loved it.  Great rooms, good restaurants, nice pool, nice beach, like 2 blocks away from Fifth Avenue.  We had such a wonderful, relaxed week.  It was wonderful! 
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't read too many reviews. We booked Sandals Grande Ocho Rios & up until a few weeks before the wedding, I was debating switching b/c of the iffy reviews. We stuck with it & it was amazing.

FWIW, Excellence Puntaa Cana was #2 on our list & I've only heard good things.

haha Puntaa = biotch. I didn't know it'd catch it tho, I thought Rebcecca was just pointing it out.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, damn knot wouldn't let me post it.  Good to know that you can't even swear in other languages here.

And I totally agree with you, when we were searching for places, I looked at all of the bad reviews and it is amazing the stuff you will find!  Don't read too much into it.  I would more go off of recs than anything.  Visit the Honeymoon board on here, that is how I found Excellence.
  • edited December 2011
    Excellence Resorts - I hear nothing but great things about them. I have been to two Sandals resort and they are AmaZing! We went to Whitehouse, Jamaica and Ocho rios..both were great.
  • edited December 2011

Breezes Grand (formerly Grand Lido - changed while we were there in Novemeber) in Negril, Jamaica... BEST EVER!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Excellence Puntaa (lol) Cana for our honeymoon.  They definitely had air conditioning in all the indoor restaurants, and there was a/c in the rooms too.  While the a/c might have been a little weak in the room, we were never too uncomfortable and trust me - my FI gets warm easily.  There are 2 outdoor restaurants that are not air-conditioned, of course. 

We liked the Excellence PC, but the resort was a little older than we expected.  Nonetheless, we had a good time!!  Please see the link in my siggy for a full review.  Hope that helps!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    We went to Excellence Riveria Cancun and there was A/C in all the rooms and restaurants. Not sure if it's newer than the one you're looking at though. It was awesome, I have pictures and details in my bio if you want to check it out. I would go back there in a heartbeat....A year ago today I was there! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards