Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

updo and long veil

Has anyone seen or have any pictures of someone wearing a chapel/ cathedral length veil with an updo?  Does it look okay or did it look like the veil overpowered rather than being an accessory to the hair??  I have a narrow, 1 tier, and very sheer chapel length veil.  I had originally planned on wearing my hair half-up/ half-down but after going to my hair trial today, I'm definitely not crazy about this style on me....but then again, it could just be how tight the curls are.  I'm also really worried about it staying put as it gets hot and humid here in June.  I wanted a loose, elegant style with larger, thicker curls but the hair stylist said if she went any larger with the curling iron then the curls wouldn't hold at all  (I think she was using a 1 inch curling iron).  I'm starting to get worried....  

Re: updo and long veil

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I had a long veil and wore it under my updo.  I didn't want to cover my hair up.  Look through my bio at the pictures.  HTH!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Usually long veils are worn under the updo like the PP.  I think it looks very elegant and beautiful.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I usually do updos, but I kept rethinking it...so I went back for another hair trial today and we did the half-up/half-down style again, changed it around some, and decided to go with that.  I think the first time around it was just too curly for me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards