North Carolina
Options

Suggestions Needed

so i guess maybe "Three Times A Lady" is more of a love song....we looked online last night and just couldn't come up with anything for a mother/son dance. that was on all the suggestions lists and what jumped out at me.

what is your FI using or what did he use??? any other suggestions?

Re: Suggestions Needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH used "I am your child" - Barry Manilow
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not going to recommend what DH and his mother danced to, it was totally ridiculous. It was "Carolina Girls" and MIL was up there dancing and spinning all over the place (she's a bit of an AW) while DH stood there awkwardly, trying to keep up, not knowing what to do, it was embarrassing. The song was her choice. I wish they had done a nice slow dance. BIL danced with her to "My Girl" which I thought was kinda odd because to me, anyway, that's more of a daddy-daughter dance song, OR a song for a couple. Have I mentioned yet that my IL's are weird!? lol.  (please, no offense to anyone who is using or has used these songs for those dances).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think H and MIL bdanced to Miss Grace which is a shagging song that he grew up listening to with them.  So it had sentimental value.
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know most of these songs, but here's what the DJ we were thinking of using suggested:

"A Song for Mama" - Boys II Men
    "My Wish" - Rascal Flats
    "I Hope You Dance" - Leanne Womack
    "What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong
    "Have I Told You Lately" - Rod Stewart
    "In My Life" - Beatles
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lmao....katherine, i am cracking up b/c after reading the post earlier about BIL and now telling me he danced with his mom to "My Girl"......too funny!!!

thanks ladies for all the suggestions but someone actually told me a little while ago that Lionel Richie actually wrote "Three Times A Lady" for his mother when he was with the Commodores so I googled the history and that is in fact true, so I think we are going to stick with that one
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:9bf6a085-8b49-4186-b6f3-fa4e1f1b7064Post:63548d9a-b898-4c3d-af0f-8092664c97a9">Re: Suggestions Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]lmao....katherine, i am cracking up b/c after reading the post earlier about BIL and now telling me he danced with his mom to "My Girl"......too funny!!! thanks ladies for all the suggestions but someone actually told me a little while ago that Lionel Richie actually wrote "Three Times A Lady" for his mother when he was with the Commodores so I googled the history and that is in fact true, so I think we are going to stick with that one
    Posted by midnite007x[/QUOTE]

LOL! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband loves Rock, so for his mother/son dance, he used "Simple Man" by Shineodwn, but he also looked into Boys-II-Men and their song "Mama."  His mom hated the song at first, but ended up loving it at the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards