Washington-Seattle

Invite PIP - Feedback Needed

Duh, I have a scanner. Shoulda thought of that sooner

So one side is the invite, mounted on sparkly cardstock
Other side are the inserts, held in by a little flap of cardstock and a belly band.
Not set on this pattern of belly band, just got a pattern that matched the colors. 
Does it look like i was trying to go too cheap? I really like how simple and sleek it is, without doing a pocketfold, but wondering if it doesn't look weddingy enough.

Re: Invite PIP - Feedback Needed

• edited December 2011
    I love the design!
    I don't think it gives the 'cheap' vibe at all!
  • edited December 2011
    I t hink it's pretty. I really LIKE that paper you found for the belly band paper, I think it coordinates beautifully with the design! I agree with Pixel, doesn't look cheap at all.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm not a fan of the belly band. since it's patterened, and so are your invites, i think it kinda takes away from it. the design on your invites is beautiful.  i would use a solid colored belly band of one of those accent colors...green? salmon?
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally love the design, however, I agree with Jenn.  The bellyband paper is really pretty, but I think it makes it too hectic/busy looking on top of the colors and designs you have in the invite.  If you really wanted to use that bellyband paper, maybe use it to line the inside of the envelopes?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hm...ok, I semi-change my mind. I like the belly band on the front because it makes it look like the pattern bleeds on to the backer paper. I guess it does look a little too busy on the other side though.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The mock-up looks great!  Definitely not too casual!

I agree with everyone that you should have a solid belly band.  My vote is for a green or orange to match the print on the invite.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    I think you did a great job, and should not worry about it looking 'wedding-y' LOL

You should take pride that you made it on your own - not a lot of brides have the guts, time, creative gene, or patience to do so!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love it but I don't love the belly band. I love the paper but its too much going on with the rest of the invite. The invite design looks great and its totally weddingy enough. I feel like the invite reflects the event and your invite says fun! :P congrats! looks awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Diddo PP.  Looks great but needs a solid belly band.  I love your design.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    allrightees, thanks for all the feedback.. Will be headed back to paper source tomorow for the right band.  KST, i figured out a way to glue the band on the insert side, so it won't show on the invite side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards