Not Engaged Yet

What's for dinner?

Cooking in the crock-pot right now . . . sweet balsamic glazed pork loin <----clicky for recipe, roasted potatoes with lemon, garlic & sage, plus a salad with feta, red onions, tomatoes and a yummy dressing. 

What are you girls working on for Friday night/weekend dinners?

Re: What's for dinner?

• edited December 2011
    YUM!!! I'm totally jealous of your dinner... I'll probably be eating chilli from a concession stand tonight.

This weekend is going to be a hodge podge of eating out and random meals. Tonight BF and I are joining my mom to watch my youngest sister cheer at a football game (she is 10 Smile ) Then tomorrow we are going apple picking and out for our friend's bday and Sunday is church, brunch with my fam, a bunch of secret shops, and dinner at Panera (I have a gift card) followed by a movie.

I am thinking I will make a fun brunch type meal for Saturday before we go to the orchard. Maybe biscuit cups with egg, turkey bacon/ turkey sausage and cheese.

I'm totally jealous of your dinner... I'll probably be eating chilli from a concession stand tonight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome!

I have no idea what's for dinner. Maybe BBQ'd chicken with Korean BBQ sauce? Maybe? I dunno. I'll figure it out when I get home. I'm majorly bad at planning meals more than an hour or so in advance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous of the pork loin, too.  Yummm.  Friday is our night out, though.  I think we're doing sushi tonight.

I also have to go grocery shopping this afternoon, so that's when I'll decide what we're eating for the rest of the weekend lol.  I have a few recipes waiting in Pinterest to be tried.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I think Ma said she's roasting a chicken tonight.  I may or may not be here.  I'm going out with friends tonight :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1cd74577-331c-45ff-aced-22a0ebaca75fPost:5c139cb8-b431-48a3-8b0b-71360216d375">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmmm your loins sound great ;)  LOL that sounds dirty.  
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1cd74577-331c-45ff-aced-22a0ebaca75fPost:5c139cb8-b431-48a3-8b0b-71360216d375">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmmm your loins sound great ;)  LOL that sounds dirty.  
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAA!!!  Um, thanks!! 

We usually eat out on Friday nights too but we went big last weekend so we're trying to have a quieter, healthier weekend. 
  • edited December 2011
    BF has put in a request for just a simple teryaki stirfry tonight.  We're trying to get rid of all of our fresh food before we fly home on Wednesday night.  So nothing too fancy for me!

I cannot tell you how excited I am to have my mom cook for me for a week.  Its going to be amazing.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to have FI make some kind of pasta when he gets home from work but our power just went out and I don't know how long it's going to last. Now I have absolutely nothing to do (currently using internet on my phone). I wish I had any good books.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I am trusting FI to cook dinner tonight because I will be late coming home. He's making my mom's turkey meatloaf recipe and my homemade mashed potatoes =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1cd74577-331c-45ff-aced-22a0ebaca75fPost:b4a1c8b0-9dcd-415c-bfb6-32286e66b853">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to have FI make some kind of pasta when he gets home from work but our power just went out and I don't know how long it's going to last. Now I have absolutely nothing to do (currently using internet on my phone). I wish I had any good books.
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny how much life changes when the electricity is out?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1cd74577-331c-45ff-aced-22a0ebaca75fPost:60eda646-134c-4e63-9189-5e5feebd84a5">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : Isn't it funny how much life changes when the electricity is out?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>It is! I think, "Oh I'll just use my laptop" until I remeber that the internet router needs power...lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yesterday I had lunch with my mom, and she brought me a portable cooler with leftover salmon and orzo! (And she's a really good cook, so I know it's gonna be delish.) We picked up some prepared brussels sprouts from the grocery store, and I'm golden for dinner tonight :)

It was so nice of her, cause she knows FI's out of town and that I have a lot of school work to do. I was intending to meal plan for just me, but now I don't have to. Yay mom!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hungry now! Since we finally have cool weather (Low 80s...........) I'm going to make tater tot casserole. BF loves it, and it's so easy and affordable. For myself I'm making my favorite salad: spinach, blueberries, walnuts, blue cheese with raspberry vinaigrette and a lighter portion of casserole on the side.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm having pizza for dinner tonight.  

It's a confession because I plan on eating as much of it as I want & not telling WW.

• thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The special at the vegetarian restaurant near my house is 'roasted local/organic summer squash & zucchini with onions served on a bed of citrus-almond organic quinoa & topped w/ Green Goddess'. That just may be my dinner.

• edited December 2011
    Probably cheese tortellini with a spinach marinara sauce for me and my BF tonight.  And probably some tater tots because I'm on a potato binge right now. Tongue out
  • edited December 2011
    i made portobello mushroom burger and made some potato wedges.  Very good, the rest of the weekend probably eating out.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards