Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Evening Ladies

Hi all! I have been MIA for the past week because I had the stomach flu which put me down for the count from Monday night until Friday night.

It was teh suck. It was an unpleasant, but efficient way to lose 4lbs I'll tell you that much. :-P

What's everyone up to?

Re: Good Evening Ladies

• Hey! I'm sorry you've been sick. I have a sinus infection that I finally went to the Dr for today, so hopefully my face will stop feeling like it's going to explode. I SHOULD be studying for finals, but I'm shopping for swimsuits for my honeymoon instead. Procrastination, party of me
  • evening ladies... we are watching a dvr'd episode of Wipeout and I am fighting the urge to get a bowl of ice cream.... don't think i will be fighting much longer
  • Being sick is the worst. It is the horrible when you can't do anything about it.
  • Happy Monday night.  I hope you ladies all feel better soon :(

H is sick too.  He doesn't get sick often, but when he does, it's epic.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I hope you feel better Jill. In light of your sinus infection, I think swimsuit shopping is the more appropriate use of time this evening.
  • Hi girls! mk, I'm sorry you've been sick! I had my first day at my new job today! It was just a central orientation, so not that bad. I'm on the unit tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous for that. FI is playing video games right now and I'm just hanging out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    ::Healthy vibes to all the sick knotties and sick knottie families::

(We'll just get that out of the way now) :-)
  • Hockey, don't fight the ice cream! I had some earlier today and it made me feel much better. Now I'm eating watermelon salad w/ red onion, feta, and red wine vinegar. It sounds weird, but it all works together.

Am I totally weird for kind of digging this suit?
    http://us.asos.com/River-Island-River-Island-Paint-Splashed-Bikini-Briefs/vpqz3/?iid=1535672&cid=2238&sh=0&pge=21&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Multi&mporgp=L1JpdmVyLUlzbGFuZC9SaXZlci1Jc2xhbmQtUGFpbnQtU3BsYXNoZWQtQmlraW5pLUJyaWVmcy9Qcm9kLw..

I have a plain black one piece, I want something a little more fun since we have private villa and no one is going to see me but Rick

I like this one too:
    http://us.asos.com/Wonderbra-Lace-Black-Skin/tfov0/?sgid=2839&cid=2238&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Rose+Print&mporgp=L0FTT1MtRGlnaXRhbC1GbG9yYWwtQmlraW5pLw..#
  • Liv - you might want to be careful there, you're kinda outing a vendor....
    Photobucket
  • LiveLeighton, SVU is pretty much the best show ever.  And those shoes are adorable!

• Evening. I'm here, drinking wine, switching back and forth between hockey and family guy. This is how I spend my time now haha. I might actually buy HP deathly hallows part 1 from on demand since I haven't seen it yet. I just hate watching movies at home by myself.
  • Liv, I think I'm going to order the 2nd one. I wish I could find one that's the same style as the first, just not such a crazy print. I find an awesome one on TopShop's website today, but they only make swimsuits for non-pear shaped girls
  • Hi ladies, sorry to hear about all the sickness! I'm procrastinating too, Jill. I have a final in the morning and today was supposed to be super hardcore focused day, and it ended up being random errands and mild studying day.
  • Liv, you can link etsy shops as long as they are not your own, I would just take the SN out and replace it with the shop :)
    Photobucket
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Jill I like both of those suits. You won't catch me dead in a two piece, but the first one is funky and the second is girly. Thumbs up from me.
  • Leaving work momentarily. I can't WAIT. H is taking me to a birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, which is closing in a few weeks. :-( But I'm going to get my favorite dishes tonight.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I love seeing random cameos of people on SVU that later become famous for other things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0c5fd989-d471-49b0-9789-4450e06aec04Post:5bb9f236-9617-4a7f-9b08-3311cc94c0f6">Re: Good Evening Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eew, sorry about the flu/sinus infection ladies! No fun. I'm watching SVU episodes I DVRed, drinking wine, and breaking in my awesome new shoes that I commissioned from Etsy and just got today. The seller added the brooches to the snazzy Rocket Dog shoes and I'm in love with them! (She had made similar shoes for herself and she agreed to make them for me through her Etsy shop.) 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I have a pair of rocket dog boots and I am absolutely in love with them.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Mkruper, you usually wouldn't see me in it either, BUT since it's my honeymoon, and literally no one else (we're on top of a mountain) is going to see it, I figured, why not make Rick happy and get one?

Musical, good luck on your finals! I have 2 tomorrow-Infant and Toddler development, and Family & Consumer Sciences...then a web final for my computer class sometime before Thursday
  • Enjoy your dinner mery!
  • Good luck on yours too, Jill! :) Are those essays or multiple choice type finals? Mine are all essay, which is good and bad, I guess. I'm hoping I can somehow pull this one out tomorrow, it is going to be my worst one (international law).
  • Jill...i like the second suit.... i would be afraid i would injure myself with the zippers on the first one... heheh (though unzipping might be a fun twist with your new H hehe)
  • edited May 2011
    Mery I'm glad you get to go to your favorite restaurant before it closes.

FI and I are watching Due Date and I'm going to do a few practice Praxis tests. 

I'm filling out my loan application for summer and I can ask for up to $6,000 but I only need $1,300. So I have to decide how much extra I want. I know I should only get how much I need so I don't have to pay more back but it'd be nice to have some extra money for bills and stuff.
  • And happy birthday Mery! I told you via FB, but I'll say it again. I love birthdays!
  • Hello!
    Today I got a really exciting RSVP! Some of my parents friends from Georgia are coming up for the wedding! Yay :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Musical, one is all multiple choice, which is good since it's 127 questions, the other is a mixture.
  • I'm sitting here watching DWTS and hoping this headache that I've had a good portion of the day goes away.

Ggirl I haven't heard back from any of the friends I sent FB messages to.  If/when I do I'll let you know.

• Aleigh -- make sure you take out enough to cover your books and other school expenses, if you haven't put that in already. 

• Jill, I like the second one the best!
  • Jill-- Oh, I don't mind all multiple choice, if I feel confident enough about the subject. Now that I'm in law school I've started to hate multiple choice, because the only two classes that I had semi-multiple choice finals last semester were my worst grades. Essays help me show that I can still kinda write persuasively even if I'm sorta wrong. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards