New York-New York City
Options

Great bands located in or around NYC?

Hi everyone!  So, my fiance and I are starting to look at bands for our wedding.  Music is really important to us, and we're not looking to book a "typical" wedding band - more the type that play at venues and bars.  Can anyone recommend a fun wedding band that can play classic rock covers as well as some more recent music?  Thank you so much for all your help in advance!!

Re: Great bands located in or around NYC?

• Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the Michael Hart Band (Hank Lane) and loved them.

www.hanklane.com
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had Soul Revival at our wedding last month and they were fabulous!!!!!!!  I cannot recommend them enough :-)  Music was really important to us too and we didn't want the typical cheesy wedding band.  We saw Soul Revival at their showcase and loved them, we hired them the next day.  They play lots of different types of music and genuinely seemed like they were having fun at our wedding.  I recommend that you contact them :-)

Good luck!!
    Rose
  • Options
    Kate CKate C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blaire Reinhard band, they play at the the Cutting Room, Bowery Ballroom and frequent in hoboken. THEY are AMAZING.  I think thier website is Blaireband.com? I know them because they used to play when I went to Princeton.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also used the Michael Hart Band with Hank Lane and loved them as well!! They were amazing and not your"typical" wedding band. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used 747 Orchestra and they were everything we hoped for and much more. Their songs, their energy and their running of everything made our wedding reception for sure. They have been around for many years and easy to see how. contact info if interested 516 365-5664
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards