Arizona-Phoenix

J.W. Marriott & Westin Kierland

We are looking at having our 250-300 person wedding at the J.W. Marriott or the Westin at Kierland. Any experiences/thoughts? We want a place where our West coast and East Coast guests can come and spend time together and relax and to just have fun. Any other suggestions of where to look? Thanks so much!

Re: J.W. Marriott & Westin Kierland

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure those would both be beautiful. There's also El Chorro Lodge (not sure what their capacity is). Or Sanctuary on Camelback.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    My sister was a chef at the Westin Kierland and it's a fantastic resort. Their food and staff are fantastic and I still go to the spa to get my haircut.  
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner found out that the JW Marriott has bed bugs
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_jw-marriott-westin-kierland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:eada65f0-1886-4bdd-bb43-ed01eac50fafPost:611206f6-876c-4a88-82e0-11a883400b99">Re: J.W. Marriott & Westin Kierland</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure those would both be beautiful. There's also El Chorro Lodge (not sure what their capacity is). Or Sanctuary on Camelback.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Sanctuary only holds 150-200 max.  A friend of mine got married at JM Marriott and it was great.  Also, I am going to a wedding at a new venue called Clayton on the Park in Old Town Scottsdale and they are having a large crowd.  No insight yet since the wedding is a few weeks away, but it looks cool!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton. We had many out of town guests. The Biltmore Fashion Park is right around the corner and it's great proximity to both old town Scottsdale and Downtown Phoenix. It was an incredible venue. The food was incredible and the planner was out of control AMAZING.
  • lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Those are both beautiful options and close to Kierland Commons for shopping and food. Also golfing. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards