Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

When did it feel real?

Ok so I sent the invites, some say that makes it feel real.... and not so much. I mean I am excited, but it still feels like a figment of my imagination. Maybe at the shower I will feel different?! 

So when did it REALLY feel real for you??

Re: When did it feel real?

• edited December 2011
    It doesn't yet.  lol.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    It still don't.
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It feels a little real. I mean I got to taste the food that will be there....It'll probably feel real at the Rehersal Dinner - and that night when I have to take an ambien to sleep due to sheer excitement.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    TCT yea I am totally going to take major pills that night to sleep.

Nicole- LOL really? omg that is going to be me too. I heard some girls say it hits them at like 4 months after the wedding. That will be me.   I live in a fog.
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_did-feel-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7250c7a5-cfb7-4cb9-9e92-80561248bffdPost:fb962c8e-ae41-4b08-bfbb-49ded42996e8">Re: When did it feel real?</a>:
    [QUOTE]TCT yea I am totally going to take major pills that night to sleep. Nicole- LOL really? omg that is going to be me too. I heard some girls say it hits them at like 4 months after the wedding. That will be me.  <strong> I live in a fog.
    </strong>Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Haha ditto. It's so weird how it doesn't feel like it's actually happening. I'm going through all the motions of planning but I feel like it's for something else or something haha. Although, every once in a while I think about FI becoming my husband and I get butterflies :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yup. I guess maybe because we already lived together? Every one keeps saying "how is married life" and my response is "the same".

I took a Tylenol PM before bed the night before just in case I couldn't sleep. The day of I was perfectly fine until the doors opened in church and every one was looking at me! After mass I was good to go. I think it is the whole center of attention thing.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I think about the wedding and I get all funny feeling in my chest, its like butter flies but my heart flutters.

I will feel weird being center of attention too.  I have a little taste of it coming on sunday though. . Eek!
  • edited December 2011
    I did for the first time when I went back to try on my dress. I bought it in April and it was well over a year away, Went back in December and it seemed real. But only for that night, now I'm back to it all seeming like a dream!

I keep thinking the shower will be the turning point and then I'll be constantly doing stuff 24/7!
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's so awesome that your shower is this weekend and you know about it! I hate surprises haha. I know my Mom is sending the shower invites out this week/weekend but I have no idea when it will be.

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just filed joint income taxes.  That sort of made it feel real.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have moments of it feeling real, then it goes back to being unreal.  It felt real when I tried on my actual dress for the first time.  I also had a random panic attack when I realized I was under 3 months.  That definitely made it feel real!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    nicole - people ask me the same thing and I say it feels the same even though we never lived together before lol

It felt real about 2 or 3 months after the wedding. But like Ev said, sometimes it feels real and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'm just like I can't believe it's over and we're married lol
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    A friend of DH's said it didn't feel real for him until he had his son which was in Aug and they've been married fo 3 years now lol
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL Cara.

When I put on my veil on the wedding day.  That was the moment I looked at myself and thought "Holy shiit.  I am getting married.  TODAY".
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    For me it honestly wasn't until a few months AFTER the wedding... One day the word "husband" became a normal word, and not something to giggle after saying.  That was what did it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_did-feel-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7250c7a5-cfb7-4cb9-9e92-80561248bffdPost:32692d09-e608-49ab-87e6-d9811d54ef9a">Re: When did it feel real?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me it honestly wasn't until a few months AFTER the wedding... One day the word "husband" became a normal word, and not something to giggle after saying.  That was what did it.
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  I had the lovely little butterflies moment the morning of my wedding, and I had a moment the first time we wrote a check to ay for something wedding-related.  But I didn't feel REALLY married until I realized that being husband and wife wans't a big deal to me anymore ;)
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still waiting for it to feel real!

We both get a lot of the "how's married life" type questions and both of us say, the same as it was before getting married.

On NYE, our best man's wife asked me and I said, "no different" and she said, "good, that's the way it should be".  That actually made me happy to hear her say that.

• ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't feel real to me until the morning of my wedding, when my dress was hanging in the window. I looked at it and thought wow, I"M getting married today.... I thought it would hit me much sooner, nope, then. And then me and my mom started to cry.
  • edited December 2011
    Writing my vows.  Everything else was just stuff.  I waited to write my vows until a couple weeks before, so by that point almost everything was done/planned.  The morning of the wedding I woke up giddy and let all the details and stress go.  I was present in everything that happened.

I asked H and he said it was real from the moment he bought the ring :)  Then it was more real when we picked our venue and made the deposit.

Ditto about married life being the same as committed dating life.  Actually its a lot quieter... I think people are leaving us alone to enjoy this "new" married life and I am not complaining!
  • edited December 2011
    Men are so funny, I wonder what FI would say to this question... I will have to ask him.

I know that nothing will change, I feel married already.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    For me, it started to feel real after the shower because I was pretty busy from that point on. time went by really fast after that.

But the moment it "HIT" me as "holy crap, I'm getting married" was in the limo on the way to the church. I was really calm and collected all morning and then I started getting shaky and dizzy and mygirls were huddled in the limo with me taking deep breaths. Then I started crying when I looked over at my Dad through my blusher in the back of the church.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, Sunday will be 3 months and I went to the drs today I had to check "Married" and i was OMG! Wow I am married.. Ha Ha.... So I am going with it still doesn't feel real....

EDIT: The moment I was "OMG I am really getting married today"was when I got to church and they played the song that I was walking down the aisle to... I felt like I was going to get sick! Ha... But it was nerves! As soon as I saw my hubby to be... they went away...

And the "how is married life question" I have the same response, "It's not different." Actually for my DH and I there is more US time.... with wedding planning I felt like all of the time we had SOMETHING to do! Now it's relaxing and watching tv together, or staying in bed a little later on the weekends together.. it's NICE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards