Not Engaged Yet

Not sure if I should be upset about venue's treatment

So, I hired a wedding coordinator.  She asked me some questions about my wedding.  There were a few questions that I could not answer because I needed to ask the venue.  I emailed the venue 5 days ago and still no response.  Should I be upset?  I called a couple of hours ago but they said that the man who I need to speak to was not there at the moment.  

What do you think?  Please feel free to tell me if I am overreacting.  

Re: Not sure if I should be upset about venue's treatment

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venues are annoying. I was hounding my venue for 3 weeks to get the to call me back.

Argh.

My rec is to keep calling and be aggressive. And don't be afraid to be bold. I complained and they ended up throwing in a ton of extra stuff with my menu tasting.

If they don't call you back after you've very clearly initiated communication with them, then all hell breaks loose.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would be upset. I'd keep calling until you get the person you need on the phone. I would remain calm and professional, but let him know you're not sure why he hasn't responded to your email yet. Sometimes there are technical problems, so give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Coming off too strong seldom gets the best results -- honey vs. vinegar, don't ya know. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha! yes, try Desert's method first. Be nice.

And if they don't get back to you, then try mine. Do I sound bitter? Tongue out
  • edited December 2011
    Is it possible the guy is on vacation? That's the first thing that comes to mind if he hasn't answered an e-mail in 5 days but it would seem that there should be someone to handle his work while he's gone. Also your wedding is still a year out so he might be thinking that that particular e-mail isn't as important as say, the one for the wedding coming up this weekend. But still if that's the case he should be communicating with you in some way. I don't know - personally I wouldn't be too upset yet but I understand your frustration.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would be annoyed too but I think you should give him a couple more days. Call every day and be sweet. After a couple days, turn on the b*tch mode.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I called back and reached him.  I wasn't planning to go into full b!tch mode or anything.  I know that I try and get back to people within 3 days via email.  Although it is possible that it's in his spam file.  

Usually, people have an automatic email when they are on vacation.  I would have thought that someone would have said something if here were out, right?  Anyway, no harm done. Thanks again.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards