Wedding Etiquette Forum

NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!

Just thought you'd like to know. Smile

Please welcome Bay as the new mod for E!

Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!

• Oh SNAP! Congrats Bay!
  • YAY BAY!!  Welcome to the "real" world, Bird-dog!  Let loose!
  • Congratulations again Bay!
  • Thanks, ladies.  I appreciate all the good wishes and confidence :)  It's a little unsettling, the page looks so different.  I hope I can be as good a mod as Birdie was and Mica is.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Welcome back to the land of the powerless, Birdie.  Congrats again Bay!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Congratulations again Bay!
  • I think you will be great, Bay. 

Congratulations, again! 
  • Haha isn't it weird how the page gets all disjointed and wonky looking, bay?
  • Musu, it is.  The weird thing is, I didn't know that I'd been switched to mod because I didn't check my email  before I came back to the page.  I came on and WHOA, everything was different. 

• Yay!  Congrats and welcome to modding us!  hahaha.  You'll do a great job.

Birdie, will you play FFF now with us and let your true emotions come out? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats, Bay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:7ccacc43-1c4f-4573-be44-f5c2ce5b59f7">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Congrats and welcome to modding us!  hahaha.  You'll do a great job. <strong>Birdie, will you play FFF now with us and let your true emotions come out? </strong>
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Birdie does this anyway, but I'll be happy if she can play more since she doesn't have to worry about WR stuff.

</div>
  • I'll play FFF if work allows! Even though I sometimes feel guilty after I've been an asshole. I feel guilty about the Ciara stuff.
  • I unstuck Mica's sticky more than once when I'd surf on my phone. I had to be really careful to not accidentally hit the "delete" or "ban" button!
  • Yay for Bay! Thank you again, Birdie, for all the hard work.
  • It's okay, Eagles.  I agree, Birdie, you are not the only person who said something, you should not be beating yourself up over it now if she DID GBCK.

• Have fun reading the WR threads Bay!!! Tongue Out
  • I just feel bad because she sent me a card after my aunt passed. When people are nice to you after stuff like that, it's hard to be honest/mean to them later. It makes you feel like a bad person.
  • You weren't even really "mean" to her though. It all got way blown out of proportion.
  • Yeah I was more mean to the people who were saying I was mean to her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:85803290-ff3d-478a-9182-5fa38e90fca5">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations, Bay! Did Ciara really GBCK? Hasn't she done that before?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the answers are yes and yes.</div>
  • Huh, it looks like she unfriended me on fb.  NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT, JUST TO BE CLEAR.  Shows you how much I pay attention.  When did she GBCK?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Exactly, Birdie. It became more of an argument about what was said, not an argument that you were omg such a bitch.
  • It seemed like her GBCK statement was at the end of FFF last week. Which is too bad because I do like her.
  • edited January 2012
    I think GBCKing at all is kinda lame. I mean, I get it if you just get busy and move on with life. But huffily storming out always kind of strikes me as weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:96d1a504-a933-4653-bed9-63983294d043">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just feel bad because she sent me a card after my aunt passed. When people are nice to you after stuff like that, it's hard to be honest/mean to them later. It makes you feel like a bad person.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

This is where I think a lot of isues lie around here. It was super sweet that she sent you a card, I know lots of people who did. That shouldn't mean though that you can't make a comment or disagree with her, be honest with someone because of that. I would hope that if I did/said something douchey someone would call me out on it rather than not say anything because of previous nice actions.

I do nice things for my friends, but that doesn't exempt me from being caleld an asshole when warranted. Not that you (or anyone) called her an asshole.
  • I kinda agree with you MK. I mean, think about IRL situations. EVERYONE has times of being a jerk or not super sugary sweet to their good friends. People get over it, move on and things are fine. I don't get why TK should be any different.
  • I don't mind GBCKs, it gives us all something to talk about. And since Ciara has done this before, I highly doubt she's really gone. She's probably still lurking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards