North Carolina-Outer Banks

OOT bags

Hi Ladies! 

I know others are doing these.  Because it is a destination wedding for us, everyone is OOT.  We decided to do welcome bags for everyone that attends the rehearsal dinner.  We are guessing about 50 for that.  We are including the wedding brochure.  (I changed it a little if anyone wants to see.  I added a fun map of the Outer Banks and some picture effects.  I had to sacrifice in other areas though to get space for it. - such a great template thanks for that ladies!) 

We will also include the door hangers and CD's we will burn of preselected songs that will be played at the wedding.  These are all songs we feel mirror our style and relationship.  We will make CD covers that we print ourselves.  I wanted to put a few other small things in there.  I wanted some things that are truly OBX, however my budget is tight for this because there are so many!  I really wanted to go with little bags of nuts from "Try My Nuts" or shot glasses from the Brew Thru but I think those are out of range for my budget.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: OOT bags

• edited December 2011
    Hiya!

So I know this isn't necessarily a :small sized: item, but I am doing beach towels that I found at ollies for 1.99, plus I had a 20% off coupon!

Just a little something beachy for us to add to the bag, and will probably come in handy, not necessarily tossed out the moment they get home. Who couldn't use an extra towel?

Best of luck!

Can you order in bulk some OBX stuff online?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check in with Kimber at the Outer Banks Candle Company... She packaged single candle votives (which she hand-pours) for us, and they were sososososo cute.  The guests loved them.  I don't remember exactly how much we paid for them, but they were pretty inexpensive.

• edited December 2011
    I can't seem to find a bulk OBX website...anyone have any they know of?
  • obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you contacted Brew Thru or Try My Nuts?  They may offer discounts if you buy in bulk.

Maybe coozies from Brew Thru would be cheaper?

I plan on raiding the Dollar store. 

How about those OBX car stickers?  That may be an inexpensive option!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking the OBX stickers would be a wonderful idea.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    keb2482 .....i sent you a PM with my email address.
    Just curious if you could share your wedding brochure!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    OBX is adding some salt water taffy in her colors.  Buying the boxes and splitting up into small bags (have no idea what yet).  Getting them from Forbes as they have been on OBX since I was a wee one and believe me, that was a long time ago.  HA

Their stores are located at MP8, MP9 and MP15.5.

http://www.forbescandies.com/
  • obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found this website - http://www.obxstore.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered Salt Water Taffy from Forbes.
  • edited December 2011
    The OBXstore seems a little pricey but that may be that I know you can get some of this stuff for less if you are down there.

Did Forbes give you a discount for quantity order?
  • edited December 2011

I do not think so.  I would look at their web page.  I feel like you can buy individual kinds or in boxes.  I would call also.  They may offer you something?  We bought boxes and then put them in bags as our favors. 

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Keb...don't forget to add the Sunny Day books to your bags!  Those are free and can be picked up at Welcome Center once you cross the bridge.

• edited December 2011
    Hiya, so this is a novice question- what is a wedding brochure? I have so much to learn! Thanks for sharing the knowledge! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I wonder the same thing :)
    If anyone has one that they can share...would love to see yours!
    I can PM my email address.

• edited December 2011
    Valetta and Flip, please PM your addy or post it here and I will send you what I did.  Basically, it is something for your Out Of Town (OOT) guests to aquaint them with OBX, provides a schedule of events and stuff to do or where to eat.  Also, a little note from the happy couple.  I can not take credit for it as it started with Ms_Teach.
  • edited December 2011
    Just sent you a PM!
    Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_oot-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:4db66948-ba00-48fa-85ed-d00f41d402aaPost:6ef4b6fe-540c-4869-8ad3-c600cf578f38">Re: OOT bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]OBX is adding some salt water taffy in her colors.  Buying the boxes and splitting up into small bags (have no idea what yet).  Getting them from Forbes as they have been on OBX since I was a wee one and believe me, that was a long time ago.  HA Their stores are located at MP8, MP9 and MP15.5. <a href="http://www.forbescandies.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.forbescandies.com/</a>
    Posted by boderboo[/QUOTE]

Thanks boderboo!  LOVE this.  You guys are the best with your ideas, I swear ;)  Also, I told OBX this, but I'm so jealous of your invitation making talents! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Borderboo- I keep meaning to ask you as well but could you email me the brochure as well? Thank you so much! My email is L.Scheffler@yahoo.com! Thank you again :)
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We offer bulk pricing on OBX stickers, license plates and gifts. www.OBXStore.com
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering if you could email me the brocure as well :)summerstar23005@yahoo.com Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards