New York-New York City

One delayed vendor review

Seth David Cohen - videographer - A+++I went last night to edit my wedding video, and was so happy and excited that I just had to share the vendor recommendation here.  And please note, the fact that I'm editing it now, more than a year after my wedding, is entirely my own fault!  I received four dvds with all the raw footage just a week after my wedding, and could have told Seth to go ahead and edit without feedback from me.  Instead, it took me about a year to give him my notes.  The raw footage was so good that part of me didn't feel like I needed an edited video that much!Last night, I watched the 90 minute video and the 3 minute highlight reel (to my choice of song) in Seth's office screening room, and I had tears in my eyes and felt like jumping up and down with excitement.  When he came into the room, I had to give him a hug!  It was like being back at my wedding, which is what I think all brides really want after the big day!  He did such a fantastic job of editing together shots of the details, and people talking, and adding music, and capturing moments, and it was so amazing to watch the ceremony again, I'm still sort of glowing!  And Seth does something that I haven't seen any other videographer do, and it's why I hired him - he gets your family and bridal party talking to him before the wedding and elicits amazing stories and thoughts from everyone that you would never have heard otherwise.  He asked my friends how I've changed since meeting my husband, what advice they had for my groom on how to keep me happy (all of which was spot on, by the way, and hilarious), why my groom is lucky, and asked the same questions to the groomsmen, he asked my dad what ways I'm similar to my mom, and his answer was so beautiful and touching, and actually something he'd never said before.  Seth was also really low profile during the event, which was very important to my groom. Okay, enough rapsodizing, I just had to share how happy I am with his work - let me know if you have questions!

Re: One delayed vendor review

• edited December 2011
    City Bride - so nice to see you on here again!  And just like you, I haven't finished my album either!  I'm almost done, but can't quite seem to finalize it... Hope you're doing great, and happy one anniversary!
  • edited December 2011
    :) I've just been MIA from a lot lately, but decided to pop on and see what was happening. I was thinking of you the other day. A friend of mine is visiting San Francisco, and I forwarded her the email you sent me last year. I was surprised to still have it! (everywhere you suggested that we went to was great btw)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards