Virginia-Richmond

Dress Prices

So Im going to start my dress shopping this week and I was just wondering what places around around Richmond have a good amount of gowns under $1,000 I dont want to find a dress I absolutely love and find out its 4000 bucks and i dont want to go some where and tell them my budget and they only show me 3 dresses. Thanks! 

Re: Dress Prices

• megglemoomegglemoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Unique Bride in Mechanicsville and Sestras in Chester.  They definitely have dresses under $1,000.  I think Bridal Elegance in Richmond may have some too.  Good luck!
  • engaged2Qengaged2Q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm usually a lurker, but I got my dress in Richmond.  Although I know it's not what people like to hear, David's Bridal will have almost all of their prices in that range.  As long as you double check behind them (did they order the right style of dress and have they notified you that it has come in within the window they project) it could be a bargain.  They aren't always amazing, but the price is right and their alterations people were very helpful.  I also cruised through Bridal Elegance (looking for something other than my dress) and they seemed to have a lot of reasonably priced dresses.  HTH.
  • kiarra89kiarra89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Megglemoo: Thanks those sound promising :) engaged2Q -Oh I have no problem with Davids Bridal if they have what I want then Im all for it lolThanks a lot girls!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, I got my dress from BLUSH in Newport News, VA (about an hr and 15 min outside of richmond). Blush is a bridal consignment boutique and is amazing! I found my dress for 900$ and it was originally like $1600. A lot of the dresses have obviously been worn before but a lot (like the one i got) were just sample dresses. They don't have the selection that someplace like David's Bridal has, but it is a great place to try. The woman that owns it (Holly) is amazing and she works with you one-on-one, so make sure to make an appointment. Blush 185 Herman Melville Ave Newport News, VA 23606-1378 (757) 595-7797 Goodluck!
  • edited December 2011
    Sestra in Chester (off 288) is wonderful, the alterations are really reasonable and these girls are really sweet and helpful.  Excellent experience.   ALSO...they are having a sale right now because they are moving to a larger space in that shopping area.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kiarra89kiarra89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • emkate22emkate22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Farmville --Caryn's Bridal. Bigger selection than anything I have seen in Richmond. Farmville also has a store called Esther May pretty much right next door.
  • wparsley23wparsley23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ebay....not even joking...i've known several people get their dresses custom made from there (yes they come from china) and they are DIRT cheap and they are nice.  Just don't tell wherever you get your fittings done that you got it on ebay...apparently they frown on that...   it's where i'm getting mine....
  • kellbell1919kellbell1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The YWCA in Lynchburg runs a salon called Church Street Bridal, they get designer gowns donated and sell them each for about $300. Its kind of hit or miss, but my friends and I had a blast trying things on there!
    image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards