Massachusetts

Backyard Wedding

Hi there -

This is my first time writing a post on here. I was hoping to get some ideas from other brides who have successfully planned, or are in the midst of planning an outdoor wedding?! We're going to have our ceremony and reception in my backyard on 10/1/11 (in Central Mass). We're contacting caterers and trying to answer questions about the menu and tent rentals and are slowly hearing back. Can anyone offer their own experience or feedback on what to expect or things to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Backyard Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!! I'm sure you've noticed, but it's insanely slow on here. I would also post this on the outdoor receptions board.

One thing I have heard to look out for is bathroom issues. Depending on the size of your wedding, will your plumbing system handle all of the guests?

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Seth Mias if he's not already on your list.  Lower priced and the food is amazing!

I would get a tent with sides.  Rent a dance floor or floor if you can.  It rained at my friends outdoor wedding all day long and it ended up being pretty muddy around the perimeter of the tent. 

Make sure you bring in porta potties.  I think there's a place that has the nice ones that look like a little building not the everyday 1 stall kind.

Other than that that's all I have.
  • MacatawaMacatawa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for the suggestions, ladies! I appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011

I second the recommendation for Seth Mias!  He is catering our wedding and we are thinking about using him for a BBQ on the Sunday of our wedding weekend as well.  I can't say enough wonderful things about him - not only is the food delicious and SO affordable, but he always responds to my questions via email so quickly.  Customer service like his is hard to come by!

Good luck!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for that recommendation, he sounds wonderful! We are still in the process of interviewing and getting proposals from caterers/tent rentals. I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with his work. Thanks again and good luck to you also!
  • edited December 2011
    I third Seth Mias. I went to high school with him and he did my sister's wedding. People are still talking about the food,

BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That's incredible. My only concern is that it seems he is located over an hour and a half away from where I am (in Central Mass). I decided to post on the Western MA board vs. Boston board. If some of the local caterers fall through or are not competitive on pricing, I may have to consider him! Thanks for the response :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards