Moms and Maids

FMIL is coming in 2 weeks!

Two weeks from today my FMIL and FSIL are coming to stay with us for a week for the wedding....I'm just getting a little nervous because i've never met my FMIL before!  She lives in a different province, and this is actually the first time she'll be leaving it. I do talk to her on the phone a lot, and she is from Newfoundland (the friendliest people in the world), and if she's anythign like my fiance then im sure it;ll go fine.We live in a small one bedroom apartment, so I'm waiting to see how this will work with four people together for a week! At least it will be 3 girls against my FI though!

Re: FMIL is coming in 2 weeks!

• edited December 2011
    oh my! That will be quite cozy. LOL :o) Hope it all goes well for you!
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like a terrible idea.
  • cdwalshcdwalsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HahaIt could go either way!  I figure if i stress too much about it though, that it WILL go bad.  FI is outspoken though, so i have no fear he'll say something if something does go terribly wrong!  They are also going away for a day together to see AC/DC.  And ill be fine with his sister.  Ive met her before and she's my age, so we have a lot in common.
    edited December 2011
    Even if you did know and love them, four people crammed into a one bedroom, one bath apartment during a stressful week is a nightmare waiting to happen.  I'd get myself a hotel room if I were you.
  • cdwalshcdwalsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well Obviously we have a hotel room for the wedding night, but they reason they are staying with us is to save money.  Otherwise we would have just put them up in a hotel.I figure if it gets too bad, i can always escape to my parents place.  i hope....
    edited December 2011
    So they're getting ready on the day of the wedding in this one bathroom with the bride and the groom?
  • cdwalshcdwalsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be up early in the morning to shower and stuff.  FI and I then will go do reception setup.  Then FSIL and FMIL will join us at the spa for hair and makeup.  the boys are getting dressed at our place, the girls are going to my parents for dresses.  Shouldnt be too bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards