Georgia-Savannah

******iluvmytxrgr******

Hey, My name is Trisha. I know you said you lived in Tybee. I was wondering if you have ever eaten at Marlin Monroe's Surfside Grill. I am thinking of having my wedding reception there. Then i'm not sure if you have had any friends who have gotten married on the beach there. I keep getting two different prices on beach permits for the actual wedding to be on the beach. I heard $25 from one, and $50 from another person. Thanks so much,Trisha

Re: ******iluvmytxrgr******

• trishastoreytrishastorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Katie, Sorry its taken me a couple days to get back to you. I am looking at having my reception at Marlin Monroe's Surfside Grill. I'm only having about 50-75 people there. If you are having your wedding on Tybee, i would suggest going on http://tybeeislandwedding.com and look at the venues for receptions. Let me know if you need anymore help or other ideas. When are you getting married?Trisha
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Trisha, We would like to be married in October of 2010, so we still have some time to find a place, but since I am planning from out of town, I would like to book a venue sooner rather than later.Thanks for the tips.Kate
  • trishastoreytrishastorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Katie, I am in Kennesaw, so its defintely hard to do a destination wedding. I am going down to Tybee in October with some friends to look at one venue that i'm looking at. Good luck, let me know if you have any other quesitons.Trisha
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. My computer has been down for the last couple of weeks. I have eaten at Marlin's many times. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine had her rehersal dinner there back in June. It was great. If you are looking for something small and intimate, this is your place. As far as permits, you usually only need a permit for large weddings. You can call 912 786 4573 ext 127 to find out more info. There are several planners who are charging this fee to their clients even if the permit is not required. I think it is crap, but they are getting away with it because the people from out of town don't know any better. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Trisha, My FI and I took a trip to Savannah this weekend.  We looked at venues in both the historic district and out on Tybee.  Given our number of guests, we finally landed ourselves in Savannah on the River - and we love it, but I'm sure every future bride says that.Best of luck to you in your planning.Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards