Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

the lame and not so lame

Not so lame:  I met up with AstinB2B tonight and we had a kick a$$ time!  Knocked back a few beers and shot the shiit for a few hours.  Yay!Lame:  P&E.  What's going on ladies?  Did the veggie debate '09 wear us out earlier? 
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: the lame and not so lame

• Options
    You owe me a coke!!
  • Options
    Not so lame: My mom sent us a ginormous bar exam care package with all our favorite stuff--Hostess cupcakes and M&Ms and chips for FI, dried cherries and Clif kids bars and granola for me and Advil and post-its for both of us.  I nearly cried.  We are so worn out.Lame:  The effing bar exam.  I haven't left our house in 48 hours except to go running.  One week to go!G2G sounds fun though!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Brie - you can do it!  The package sounds great and so sweet of them.  If I had $ and your address, I'd send you a care package 'cause you're awesome.  :)

• Options
    One more week, Brie. You can do it! Lame: I never get GTGs with Sucrets Not so lame: I've got nothing. Crap day.
  • Options
    Not so lame: My bachelorette is this weekend. As part of the festivities, my MOH has schedule us a pole dancing / lap dancing / burlesque lesson. I'm so psyched.Lame: Me. I pulled my quad on Sunday. I hope it's better by the weekend...
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Aww, thanks.  I am just so ready to be done.  I feel like I'm about to hit a point of diminishing returns, where all studying does is make me crazy and I probably won't learn a whole lot.  But, gotta keep slogging through!In 10 days we'll be laying on the beach with a giant margarita.  Cannot wait.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ::Sending care pack-like thoughts to Brie:: I'm here. Wanna know what's lame? FI working a side job on his day off. The cash is nice, but it sucks. I look forward to our Tuesday nights cooking together. Also lame is the fact that I have to go grocery shopping... alone. I hate doing it, much less alone. So, I'm going to go do it quickly and come back. I'm counting on you girls coming up with something interesting for me to come home to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Not so lame:  The Bertolli's frozen meals for 2 rock.  It was seriously delish and took 9 minutes on the stove.  Those will soon become a regular in our house for those "quick night" meals.Lame:  It's 10pm and I'm seriously considering night time.  I'm pooped from work already this week - it's only Tuesday.
  • Options
    julez - No worries, in December we'll all chill and have fische-y sized drinks.  Fo' sho'.

• Options
    shan - I must investigate said meals.  Anything that 'cooks' in 9 min sounds good to me!

• Options
    Not so lame: FI and I moved into our new place and are paying 2/3 the rent for a much nicer place. I can open all of my appliances at the same time. Yay. Lame: I can't please everyone, and I'm either going to piss off my mom or the in-laws this weekend. Yay for knottie g2gs!
  • Options
    Lame: 13 hour work days. Not so lame: My envelopes came in today!! Gorgeous shade of pink, is what I hear :) Still haven't seen them, but they will be waiting on me when I get home!
  • Options
    Thanks julez and brooke!  The happy part is that something finally clicked and I'm not failing every practice test I take.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not so lame: Picking up my e-ring tomorrow (finally sized!) and checking out some sites for the reception. Lame: My car died. The radio won't even turn on and my car managed to kill the battery charger. I had an appointment for Friday to fix my hood that wouldn't pop open, but now since it won't start I have to tow it into the shop.
  • Options
    That's what happens, Brie. I didn't believe it when people told me but that last 2 weeks things really do finally sink it.
  • Options
    sucrets - This is what Bertolli's looks like.  In the Frozen dinner section at the grocery:  http://tinyurl.com/qkl6tjWe got the shrimp, penne and asparagus tonight.  Very yummy.  I put it on the stove, covered it and left it with DH while I got in the shower.By the time I got out of the bathroom, he spooning it onto my plate!  hooray!
  • Options
    Lame:  I am drinking alone, watching Seinfeld reruns.Not so lame:  I start a new job Monday and I am soooooo excited! I hate my current job and I cannot wait!
  • Options
    Except commercial paper.  That is the most non-intuitive subject on the planet.  I'm chalking that one up as a loss already.  Heh.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lame- FI has been working for over 38 hours ( total 48 hour shift ) he is in the Fire Dept. I miss him a lot and poor thing is so tired. He got a lot of calls through the night. Also a thunderstorm is on the way and i'm alone. I'm such a wuss : (not so lame- I started making things for my invites and putting them together! My birthday is next Saturday and im so excited! woohoo!
  • Options
    shan - I will definitely have to check those out!  Thanks!Holly - congrats on the new job!  What do you do?  You've been missed here, too, btw.

• Options
    Not so lame:  Kicking it with Sucrets, she effin' ROCKS.   We did have a kick @ss time!    Lame: gotta clean my house in a BAD way. 
  • Options
    Shane, the bertollis canalloni is really good too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lame- we are being audited this week at work and everyone is speaking in code  not so lame- I didn't have to sit through some veggie debate today- medium rare please.
  • Options
    oh... thanks aMrs. I noticed they had a lot of different flavors - so I was hoping others would be good and we didn't just get lucky.  We might have to try some different ones out. They're just too easy to deny.
  • Options
    astin - I'll come over, we'll have a few beers and whip that sh!t into shape!  DH asked if we made a 2nd date, LOL.E - it seemed to be a veg themed day, ugh.

• Options
    We get one of those every few months, remember the four page one?
  • Options
    Yesss...and it's the same argument every time.  *sigh*

• Options
    Lame:  not having my pro picsNot so lame (awesome, even!):  looking at gg's pro pics!

• Options
    Sucrets - Thanks!  I am currently a marketing manager for a group of radio stations.  I don't hate the actual job, just the environment.  So I will still be doing marketing - just for a new and much better company...and for a lot more money!  Woohoo!
  • Options
    GG's pro pics are adorable.  They sent me straight to Zappo's looking for pink shoes!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards