New Jersey

Need Help: What to have delivered to FI for his birthday?

Tomorrow is FI's birthday and whenever either of us has to work on our birthday we send each other a little gift at work.  We also do cards, cakes, gifts, dinner out or in, etc. at home, but we just like to do something for the birthday person to receive in the middle of a stressed out day at work.  FI really loves it because anytime anyone at his job has food to share that person instantly becomes Mr. Popularity for the day, haha.

In the past I've sent him Edible Arrangements, those giant Mrs. Fields cookies, and I've even surprised him at work with some homemade goodies and taken him out to lunch.  I want to send him something new this year, though... any ideas??
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Help: What to have delivered to FI for his birthday?

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about have lunch delivered to him? Like chinese or italian? I know I'd like that!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    For DH's b-day one year I had Crumbs Cupcakes delivered to him HUGE hit in his office. But thats an NYC place not sure where your FI works.
  • edited December 2011
    He actually works in NYC, but I've done the Crumbs thing for him already... good idea though!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lunch would definitely be a good idea except he has a meeting during lunch tomorrow, so knowing him he'll be eating more than his fair share of free food while there, haha.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I brought in soft pretzels from Philly Pretzel Factory one day, and my coworkers went nuts over them. Plus they were quite inexpensive ... I bought enough for the whole office, and a few containers of flavored mustard, for only $20.

They also liked when I brought in sprinkled donuts and cookies from a local bakery, and I made cupcakes a couple weeks ago that were gobbled up. I also try to bring in some fruit if I bring in treats, because we have some health-conscious people and one person is vegan so I don't want them to feel left out, so you could slice up some fruit or buy a supermarket ready-made platter. Maybe with some chocolate or yogurt dips in containers on the side.

*** ETA ***

I saw you said he works in NYC. I wonder if Cold Stone Creamery would deliver? Or maybe get one of those Italian ice street vendors to park outside and you can pre-pay for some ice for them?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know your FI sense of humor, but one year friends and I got together and sent a clown/singing telegram to a friend at work for his birthday! It was hysterical!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OMG once (for an ex actually) I send a gorilla (aka some poor dude in a gorilla suit) with balloons to his work! It was the funniest thing... such a big head! I had been looking for a singing telegram, but came across the gorilla and went with that! It was soooo long ago ~ 10+ years ~ but I am sure if you do some searches for something related you will find something just as highly entertaining!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    Ohhhhhh I LOVE the pretzel idea!!!

The singing telegram would be amazingly funny and FI would think it was hilarious/be totally humiliated, but I'm 99.9% sure his bosses wouldn't find it funny at all,  haha.

Thanks for the ideas ladies!!!  I may wind up just doing Crumbs again since that was such a huge hit the last time.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    This may be a stupid question- but do you just call up crumbs and say I need X amount of cupcakes delivered to X address?

I'm curious how this works!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If you want them delivered outside of the NYC area, you do it online and I think they ship them frozen or something like that.

If you're having them delivered locally in NYC, you just call up one of the Crumbs stores and tell them which cupcakes you want, what size, and how many and they'll deliver them for you on whatever day/time you want.  Delivery is $18.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards