Michigan-Northern

Alternatives to Guest Books

I am getting married in May in Ishpeming Mi. (the U.P) and I am not a fan of guest books. I just dont see when I am ever going to sit and look at a bunch of signatures. Any one have any alternative ideas. My idea was to take note cards and ask them to write down some advise, wishes etc and I could put them in a binder to save. My fiance on the other hand thinks its tacky. And by the way, he is pretty hands on with things. Not a typical groom. His idea was to do a video guest book. We will already have a videographer who will video the ceremony, our pic locations and special reception moments. He was thinking we could have an aunt or cousin (who are all bothering us to be able to help with something) stand at the door when ppl get there for social hour (cocktail hour) and ask them to say wishes, advise etc. To me that just seems like a lot of work, not to mention some ppl may not want to talk on camera. So any ideas would be GREAT1

Thanks

Re: Alternatives to Guest Books

• Try guest bookstore.com. We got ours there and people loved it, and we loved reading all the pages! I would highly recommend them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had guests sign white puzzle pieces. After the wedding we put the puzzles together in frames.
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Pinterest has some great ideas.  I saw one that I really liked where everyone signed little rocks or shells and you put them in a vase as decoration in your house.  They also had the puzzle piece idea and I like that too.  You could also do a photo book and have everyone write a piece of advice in that.
  • My fiance and I are going to get a wooden bench and have everyone sign it. We will probably have to put some finishing coat on it afterwards, but I think it will turn out nice. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_alternatives-to-guest-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:628Discussion:26ad6ba1-c381-4660-87af-535b7c56f6cfPost:c945feab-7e4f-4c06-9ae1-e9d90ec0835f">Re: Alternatives to Guest Books</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are going to get a wooden bench and have everyone sign it. We will probably have to put some finishing coat on it afterwards, but I think it will turn out nice. 
    Posted by MandyN07[/QUOTE]

I went to a wedding this past summer and they did this. It did look really nice.
  • My fiance and I just got a big frame with our engagement picture in it and had guests sign it. I really appreciated it because it's classic and we can hang it in our home.
  • How about a banner with your names & your wedding date on it.  Have colored Sharpies (you choose the colors) available for people to sign it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards