Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm Like a Wounded Ex-Girlfriend

Ever since my photographer bailed on me, I'm like a needy chick, hanging on my vendors just to make sure they don't go too. I get that nervous feeling in my stomach if one of them doesn't email me back within a day. I know logically they have jobs and other clients, but I'm not very rational right now.It's getting really frustrating that I'm so anxious over this weekend BS. If I wasn't 2.5 months out, I'd pull a Cubs and just JOP it. Not worth this stress. Anyone have any funny stories they can tell me to get my mind off this wedding crap?

Re: I'm Like a Wounded Ex-Girlfriend

• Did you read about the testicle pocket guy?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I feel ya.  Our ceremony musician is also the weather guy for Channel 3 news so it takes him awhile to get back to me if it's a stormy weekend or something.  haha, the upside is he said he'd keep an eye on the weather for our wedding day and let me know ;) 
  • Erm...no. What did I miss? Sounds interesting.
  • No funny stories for you, but your post is pretty funny.
  • No, but I can tell you I'm right there with you.  My bridal salon closed the location I got the dress from and my hair salon closed.  Fortunately I'll still be able to get my dress and rebooked the hair stuff, but it's making me way more nervous with vendors than I was before.  It's totally rational, I think - you've had a bad experience and are hoping it doesn't repeat. Sort of a funny story - my daughter went with us to the cake tasting last night, and she tried all 7 flavors of cake and 15 icing flavors.  Then I brought her back to her dad's house (it's his "week").  Hee.  ;-)
  • LOL, that's awesome Andress. Now when I watch the news, I'm going to think of him playing at your wedding.I could have sworn I saw your FI the other day when I was driving home from work (even though I've only seen the picture of him in your siggy).Does he happen to drive a black SUV?
  • It was the Clothing PSA lower on the page.Another anecdote: I was on the bus this morning.  The lady in front of me was fluffing her over-hair sprayed self the entire time and some of the hair spray crust floated at me.  It was pretty terrified.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Peyton, that's awesome.And that's totally my dream evening. I missed out on the cake testing (which I was REALLY looking forward to) because a friend is baking our cake and I've had all the flavors a hundred times. I felt bad asking for a tasting when I know perfectly well what it tastes like and I really just wanted the free sugar :)
  • I just read it - that's hilarious Amber. The visual is now stuck in my head, so thanks for that. And that is absolutely disgusting. I would have tapped her on the shoulder and told her she dropped something. Ew.
  • I was pretty terrified or It was pretty terrifying.  Pick one.
    my read shelf:
  • Yep, it was a lot of fun.  I'm seriously liking our baker, and she's really reasonable.  She's going to be on the CBS morning show on August 7, decorating a cake.  She said it's in the 9:00 hour.  Her name is Lara Stuckey, and her bakery is Fluffy Thoughts in McLean, VA.
  • What else have I got to entertain you?I don't want to be at work and am hopped up on sugar because I was eating from boredom.  So instead of sitting at my desk I'm standing at it and wiggling a bit.
    my read shelf:
  • So instead of sitting at my desk I'm standing at it and wiggling a bit.Me, too. Odd.
  • Anytime you're stressed, visit http://failblog.org and you will feel better. You will also spend all day on it--fair warning.
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    No funny stories, but I did the same thing when we lost our venue. I was paranoid and called all vendors to make sure they were still coming on wedding day! They were like "Of course!" but they understood that I was a bit shaken from what had just happened.
  • I like fml better than failblog.
    my read shelf:
  • Like gg, I have nothing funny to say, but I'm feeling your pain.  My DJ has gone missing and I'm going to be losing the deposit and booking another one.  I'm just hoping this is the only vendor problem I have.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's feeling nervous. And yes, it does completely suck to lose the deposit when it's not your fault!! Nugget - that's really official, with the post-it and all. Keep us updated on The Hotness. (And post a picture, if you can get one) Andress - hmm, guess I wouldn't have seen him then! He even had an Iowa decal on the window. (Which of course, made me snarl a little :) )
  • He even had an Iowa decal on the windowhahaha he does have one!!  That's just weird... he's got a twin!
  • It totally sucks.  It's a big company so they said they'll try to give us our DJ, but can substitute if necessary.  The only reason we signed with the company was because of the specific DJ. 
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • LOL zippity (sp?) I often want to sing songs over our intercom here at work, but fear it might kill the old folks. That would be a lot less funny.
  • Uh, yum!! Damn work getting in the way of my cupcake!! Is it wrong to leave early because I'm "sick" and drive up there??
  • Yes it is wrong, but yes it is forgivable
  • Anna. When I come to your wedding can you put those in my oot bag please? Kthanx. Vogt, I haz no funny. I haz creepy, if that works?
  • Thanks for the reminder Whitsy, I should start thinking about oot bags
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards