Ohio-Northeast

Photographer within budget

Hi gals,I've booked our ceremony and reception hall! yay! We will be at Chenoweth Golf Course & Country club. The wedding ceremony will, hopefully, take place outside on the patio. I am so happy with Donna and all of her ideas. She was by far the most knowledgable and friendly vendor i've met with thus far. It helps that our food tasting was out of this world. I should add that I am an avid foodie and have eaten ALOT of cuisine. Ive eaten in China and all over Europe. So for food to 'wow' me (and it not be my grandma) you know it's GOOD.THis brings me to my next challenge: finding a photographerI have met with 3 other photographers. One I truely loved but he is out of our $2,000 budget. Paul Floyd.I have checked out:Catherine Windemere - wonderful person, vibrant energy, but once we saw a wedding from start to finish--we just wernt feeling it.Ralph Jones - a long time friend of my FI, Super photographer, a man who knows exactly what he's doing. But our personalities clashed a bit.I would like to make sure that I get at least a CD with proofs, an album (however I am capable of making one),  And an 'artsy' style--I really liked Paul Floyd, and maybe you all will tell me to call him and see if we can work something out. Right now, i dont know if I should do that--seeing that there are so many others out there.BRING ON THE SUGGESTIONS!NatalieJUNEKNOTTIE!

Re: Photographer within budget

• edited December 2011
    Check out riverfrontphotography.com. We used him for our August 2008 wedding! His first package (All day coverage-no time limits, location limits or pic limits) plus a CD of all your images is 1600. His prices are all online, and he'll even design you a custom package. You can call him at 330-920-8088.
  • mocklerjamocklerja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Finest Moments (www.finestmoments.net).  They have a variety of packages that all include a cd of your photos.  We have had out epics with them and they turned out great!  We are really excited for the wedding.  Just give them a call and they can work out pricing that will fit with your budget!  HTH!!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    How far out of your budget is Paul Floyd? I would call him and see if he could custom make a package for you. You will probably have to give up the album, but you could see if you can get a cd with rights, full coverage, and some prints for your budget.
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Another Finest Moments photo customer here! They are really friendly and budget-friendly too with a variety of packages. We had a bit more budget leeway but I think they will still be within your budget ... and yes the hi-res digital photos ARE INCLUDED! That was very important to me too! Good luck!You might also want to check out Corey Ann photography, we almost went with her but then we didn't lol. She has some very budget friendly packages as well and a great photography style.
  • CZappoloCZappolo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Just Perfect Memories as our photographer.  Ryan has been great to work with thus and I love their creative approach and style.  I believe they offer packages around your budget, but I also know they can customize wedding packages.  That's what they did for us.  Let them know Carol Z mentioned their name and ask about their referral program.http://www.justperfectmemories.comHTH & GL!!!!!
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with Elizabeth Pruitt or Andrew Jordan (just of the top of my head) since their coverage starts below your price range…
  • edited December 2011
    You may also want to check out Rob Rife, I think he has a pacakge with just the photos on CD that is within your price range.  He takes some great photo-journalism shots.
  • Jelly1425Jelly1425 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with finestmoments too!! They are fantastic! You could also look at Ken Blaze at thestoryoftheday.com My friend just used him for her wedding and he was great too! The pics came out great and he was good to work with!
  • Lilika FlowerLilika Flower member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://dv8ed.com/?page_id=253 He's within your price range and has a really unique style
  • KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Jay Kossman from Digital 504...Defintiely within your budget and all packages he offers include the cd with rights and i think most if not all come with an album. Check out their website. He's very nice and always gets back to me quickly when I ask one of my millions of questions!www.digital504.com
  • edited December 2011
    I just got my digital photos back from Rob Rife and must say that I am disappointed. I really wanted artistic, candid shots, but it seems like so many of them just ended up being the backs of peoples heads. Just my two cents. Other people may have had a good experience with him, but I would not recommend him.
  • natatomicnatatomic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW,thank you, thank you!I had no idea that 4 hours later I would have so many recommendations. This forum is truely full of angels! I am working my way through websites and such. I really like Elizabeth Pruitt and dv8ed  so far.:) you guys made me so happy!
  • natatomicnatatomic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ayamm-- you are on a roll - i love andrew jordan too.;) thanksNatalie
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    edited December 2011
    Glad to help – I think once you find the knot – its hard to stop! GL!
  • natg504natg504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ryan Durdella.  He has packages within your budget.  We've had our engagment photos & like him a lot.  www.ryandurdella.com
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Cavanaugh Photography and I really like their work.   The website is www.cavanaughphoto.com if you're interested!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dcunningham2dcunningham2 member
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Justin Ketchem Photography - his packages start around $1400. Visit his blog to see recent work: http://www.justinkphotography.com/blog/
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    First, I am glad you are so happy with Donna (she is a family friend!). Second, we are using Imagen Photography. If you let them know that Jen Mauser referred you we both save money!! www.imagenphotos.com
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to Recommend Livigni Photography. They have a setup at Hartville Flea Market. Tom Livigni is a great guy been in the business for years. Him and his wife work together to tag team an event. Very reasonable rates with different options. He has some fun ideas!! Best of luck. He has a website under the flea market. ~Heather Dodson
  • edited December 2011
    Essence of Love Photography. $1100 for two photographers, all day coverage, unlimited locations. Albums are a la carte...cheapest one is $350. Rights to your photos on CD. www.essenceoflovephoto.com very artsy/photojournalistic. They are young and awesome!! Good luck!!
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Brown of MichelleBrownPhotography.  She's friendly, has reasonable prices, and, most importantly, I like her pictures!  You get an album, copyright to all pics, CDs with proofs, engagement shoot included in the price, etc. http://www.michellebrownphotographyohio.com/index2.php?v=v1
  • star85babestar85babe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maria sharron.. SHES AWSOME... and affordable.www.marionsharron.com
  • blk81blk81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elizabeth Pruitt is our photographer and I must say we've had a GREAT experience working with her! My mom and I met with her and after the meeting we both even commented on how comfortable we were talking with her. Her work is beautiful and she's been keeping in contact with us through questionnaires and we're planning our engagement session now. She's also helped with photo location sites and made A TON of recommendations on other vendors. Her packages start below $2000 for coverage and go up to around $3300ish if you want everything. If you'd like to email me, send it to [email protected]. Her website is www.elizabethpruittphoto.com and you can check out her blog (www.elizabethpruittphoto.com/blog)for inspiration. I stalk it for ideas for our wedding!
  • lauriel2009lauriel2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    T1 Photo - Thomas Matthews has two great packages within your budget, and he does a great job. I highly reccommend him.
  • mcomptonmcompton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i might be a little late to this party, but i'd also like to recommend Justin Ketchem. he did our wedding in June and we are IN LOVE with his work. if you go to his blog you can even see some photos from our day!!he is a SUPER great guy and all of his packages are really affordable, plus they include engagement sessions. i really cannot say enough great things about him!!!
  • klockercklockerc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is Leah Stafford and I am pretty sure she has packages in your range. We also really liked T1 when we were looking for photographers and I've also heard good things about Liz Haas who I also believe is in your price range.http://www.leahstaffordphotography.com/http://www.t1photo.comhttp://www.lizhaas.com/Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards