Jewish Weddings

Another kettubah question

Are you ladies having the calligrapher do the Hebrew (ie: names of bride and groom, witnesses, etc) or having the rabbi just do it?

Its an extra $75 for ours.

Re: Another kettubah question

• edited December 2011
    We paid extra to have the artist write in the information (I can't remember how much though).

We asked our rabbi about it and he said flat out that it won't look as nice and he'd prefer not to do it (he's older and has a shaky hand). I suppose we could have asked the cantor who also took part in our ceremony but we didn't think about it at the time.

We love the seamless look of the hebrew text and it wouldn't even compare to how it would look if the rabbi did it.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we didn't have it done in the signature section as we didn't have our names or the rabbi's names on our ketubah as it isn't necessary.  the part within the ketubah text with our hebrew names was done by the ketubah artist.

our witnesses just signed in hebrew.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have the names on the bottom where we signed, it just said bride, groom and witnesses
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had the calligrapher do everything except the signatures (obviously).
  • mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Todah rabah
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a completely custom text (which we needed anyway, because none of the standard Hebrew texts would work for a two-bride wedding), so the names were just included in that text.
  • Ark2Ark2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got ours from the ketubah company (www.theketubahcompany.com) they include the personalization price (having you names, wedding location etc.. on the ketubah) in the ketubah price so there is no extra to pay for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards