Virginia-Richmond

help finding a venue!

hi Ladies! My fiance and I are looking for a nice, casual but chic wedding/reception site. We are on a pretty tight budget and don't want to spend more than $2000 on the space.... do you have any suggestions? We've been looking at bed and breakfasts, wineries, and some plantations. But, to be honest, they are either too stuffy or too expensive!! Oh, and we are expecting about 120 guests... in May 2011

Thanks!!
For our LOVE, kisses, cuddles and hugs! Anniversary

Re: help finding a venue!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Historic Kinloch...out photographer has done a bunch of weddings there and it's gorgeous.  Not sure about prices and if it would work for you...but I think they include/provide a lot.   http://www.historickinloch.com/
  • cleonic8113cleonic8113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our venue at the Hanover Arts and Activities center. It's within your budget with some to spare! It's a lovely spot :)
  • JustMe4EJustMe4E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my reception at the Robinson Theater. Very nice venue and well within your budget.  It's located in Historic Church HIll. What really sold me is that you can have your own caterer. My wedding is also on on a tight budget and we just could not afford other places we checked. Good luck with your search. Keep us posted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Rolling Run Farm in Manakin-Sabot, Virginia (not far from Richmond).  The prices are great, it is beautiful, and they can handle all catering.  Also, the Unity Church of Bon Air in Richmond grounds are beautiful. 

For any venue, they are usually cheaper on Friday nights, weekday nights, and Sundays.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maria&AdamMaria&Adam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you to everyone for your great suggestions!
    For our LOVE, kisses, cuddles and hugs! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the Stonehenge Country Club in Midlothian, VA and there prices are pretty reasonable.  The club is also a very nice size.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Grayhaven Winery (www.grayhavenwinery.com). They don't do a ton of weddings, but they have their own 40x60 tent that they can build into the price. The couple that co-own the winery and handle the events side (Max and Dion) are out of control wonderful. We are having about 125 people. We're also having our rehearsal dinner out there (Max is catering). It's such a romantic, gorgeous site (especially for a fall wedding!). We're so excited! Good luck with your planning.
    The Future Mrs. Stevens October 2, 2010 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Don't know if this link might help!

http://www.richmondweddings.com/index.php?mact=CompanyDirectory,cntnt01,default,1&cntnt01categorylisttemplate=innerpages&cntnt01detailpage=rwdetails&cntnt01category=Receptions%2FRehearsal%20Dinners&cntnt01returnid=72&page=72
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards