Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Response Card Wording...HELP

What is everyone putting as the wording on their response card? I am trying to make it idiot proof but it seems like everything I come up with, people interpret it a million different ways. I obviously need a final head count and want everyone to respond. It seem the most confusing wording tends to be the M___________________ and _____number of guests. It also seems like the simplest and easiest wordings are not formal enough.Any advice would be great!

Re: Response Card Wording...HELP

• edited December 2011
    I always like: M_______, we have reserved two chairs in your honour, __Accept with pleasure ___ Declines with regret. Also, don't forget to number the back in small numbers in a corner, inevitably guests will send you rsvps back and put no name on them
  • msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though we found it confusing too, we stuck with the traditional wording similar to what you originally wrote:"The favour of a response is requested by September fifteenth two thousand and nine.M_______________________________ number of guests"Aterre12, thanks for the tip about numbering the cards.  We had not thought of that and are putting the invitations together this weekend.  Perfect timing!!
  • edited December 2011
    @msigue: you're welcome, it was me with the numbering on the back...
  • msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh sorry about that!!  Thanks for the helpful advice with the response card numbering crebre80!! 
  • edited December 2011
    @msigue: no problem at all!!! i just didn't want to say you're welcome without the post being directed towards me lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards