Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Reception Site HELP...Continued!!!!

Hello everyone!  I have posted before about having issues finding a reception site and we still haven't picked one.  My fiance and I are getting married 10/02/10 and we both really liked the 20th Century Club but we have so many people, the idea of the bar being by consumption just scares me.  I am not sure what to do because every place I call is either too expensive or already booked.  We have around 300 people that we are inviting and I know that I am crazy picky but I just need someone to talk me off the ledge...should we just go with the 20th Century Club or continue to look?  Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Reception Site HELP...Continued!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would depend upon the price per drink and how big of drinkers your crowd is. We had a consumption bar, for 126 people. If you want, email me at shmorgan at gmail dot com, and I'll let you know what our pricing was and what our total bill was for a consumption bar.
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is their policy to do drinks on consumption or do they also have pricing for open bar per hour? If you have a group that will be drinking a lot, sometimes open bar will be a better deal for you.If they are only doing consumption, can you limit the types of drinks to serve? Beer, wine and a specialty drink? That might help you to better manage your budget.Will they allow you to bring in your own alcohol for the bar? When you are able to BYOB, you can buy brands in your budget and return unopened bottles. When I've had a bar set up in that way for my job, the venue will provide all mixers and such. We just bring the liquor. Have you considered any locations outside of the city? Sometimes when you aren't in the city the pricing goes down. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,Does the 20th Century Club hold 300 people? I seem to recall it holding a lot less.That said, I had a consumption bar like Shannon and for me, it was cheaper than BYOB. I doubt 20th Century Club or many established venues like that will let you BYOB, as that is where they make their money.I had 140 people and my bar bill was $2100. I budgeted $3500, so I actually got money back. A good site coordinator can estimate for you so there are no surprises. On average, people at my wedding had 3 drinks a piece. What is your budget? If you post your budget, your preferred area of town, etc, the ladies here can help you find something that will fit. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards