Hawaii
Options

Music at Merrimans, Maui

I am planning a beach ceremony in Maui and have been making plans with Merriman's in Kapalua for the reception. The food reviews are all great, the location looks fantastic, but the one thing that is not settling well with me is that we are unable to have a DJ if we aren't buying out the entire restaurant. We can have a musician for the outdoor cocktail hour, and there is a house band that would be playing during our indoor sit down dinner. Has anyone been married there or been to a wedding there with any thoughts on the musical setting?

Re: Music at Merrimans, Maui

• Options
    CarolynneKCarolynneK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning a beach ceremony in Maui and have been making plans with Merriman's in Kapalua for the reception. The food reviews are all great, the location looks fantastic, but the one thing that is not settling well with me is that we are unable to have a DJ if we aren't buying out the entire restaurant. We can have a musician for the outdoor cocktail hour, and there is a house band that would be playing during our indoor sit down dinner. Has anyone been married there or been to a wedding there with any thoughts on the musical setting?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might post this on the Maui local board.   The link is on the left.
  • Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there for dinner twice during my scounting trip last month. The outdoor area at sunset is beautiful and if you skipped the musician the guests probably would mind at all. It's breathtaking and the music from inside sort of floats out there. If it's something you can do without save the money and get extra kalua pork quesadilla apps lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • Options
    CarolynneKCarolynneK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for the advice!
  • Options
    lsmith87lsmith87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you have the wedding yet? I am getting married at Merrimans in January and am concerned about the same thing.
  • Options
    Did you end up getting married at merrimens? Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards