Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

nothing to do with p&e but...

...picking a wedding dress might just be impossible. You know-then you dont-then you found the one-then you watch say yes to the dress and you're just unsure..:(I can barely pick what I want to order when out to lunch. seriously.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nothing to do with p&e but...

• Options
    if you're not sure... wait. You'll find something you love and that is right - and then you won't be unsure.
  • Options
    What shan said.  Sucks, but I just kept going till it hit me.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    I'm wishy washy on a lot of things too. To prevent yourself from experiencing dress regret, make sure not to purchase a dress too early. I ordered mine 6 months before my wedding and never looked back! Like Randy on SYTTD said, sometimes you just need to stop trying dresses on. I'm not a believer in a dress being "The One." I think that there would have been lots of dresses that looked great on me, but I stopped when I found one that I really loved.
  • Options
    Also, I highly recommend shopping alone.  I have no dress regret because I bought mine with no family or friends there--the decision was 100% mine and I know nobody influenced me one way or the other.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    haha- tonight he said you need stop looking when you find the one, theres always going to be more men, just like there are always going to be more dresses. made me smile.. and think a little. But I'm like envious of those girls who get that "the one momen". I feel like I'll never get it!
  • Options
    Your bio says you are already married. Was this all hypothetical??
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    I didn't have that moment either. No crying at all on my part. I took my mom with me and she liked my dress and 1 other dress. So, I slept on it for a few days and took my MOHs back to see the 2. I had already made up my mind, but wanted to see if they could guess which one I loved. And they did, and gave me a thumbs up. I chose it because I thought about that dress more than the other over the few days I "slept on it."
  • Options
    It does?! No- it took me so long to figure out how to make a bio. I'll attempt to fix it now. Wedding is June 2010
  • Options
    I see now - you have 2009 in one spot and 2010 in another.
  • Options
    Gabs, I don't know you so don't take it all weird but you're real purty in your sig. 
  • Options
    I didn't have a "moment" either.  Just picked the dress I loved more than all the other dresses.  I bought it on my first day of shopping.  I never second guessed it because there was nothing about it I would change. If you're still making changes in your mind, I don't think it's right one.  Once you find one that you love - as is.  Go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards