Virginia-Richmond

Looking for small chapel (30 guests) in Richmond area for ceremony.

Does anyone know of any small chapels or indoor locaions that will perform/allow you to have a ceremony at the chapel or nice indoor location for a reasonable price? 25-35 people max...Only need the sight for an hour-in and out quicky ceremony. Too afriad of rain to do outside in a park...reception is at our house.Sooo frustrating b/c when I google or go to yellowpages.com and search wedding chapels or chapels, I get every business to do with weddings OTHER than a chapel...HELP!!

Re: Looking for small chapel (30 guests) in Richmond area for ceremony.

• edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a tough one. Most of the churches/chapels I can think of in the City are pretty big. Are you looking for something in the City itself? VCU has a gorgeous old house that you can rent if you are an alumni or possibly faculty/staff. its called The Scott house.  it would be perfect for a small wedding.  If you google it you can take a virtual tour.  I am not sure about pricing, I think it was in the $500 - $800 range. At Forest HIll Park there is an old building called the Stone House that you can use for events.  its small and its not super fancy but it's historic and in neat shape.  If the weather was nice you could always get married on the stair case or in the park instead but at least you have the indoor option.At Byrd Park there is a place called the Roundhouse that is smaller and can be rented for events.  I have never been there so I have no idea what it looks like.  You can also check the city parks website for other options.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, there are churches that have a big sanctuary and a small chapel.  Look at churches and see what you can find.  The methodist church out in Midlothian has one.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • megglemoomegglemoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church in Midlothian has a great little old chapel on the church property, adjacent to the big sanctuary.  I considered it, but ultimately it was too small.  You'd have plenty of room though!  It has a center aisle, wooden pews with red cushions, red carpet, and pretty stained glass.  It smells a bit musky (it's definitely old), but I think overall it's charming.  Their website is www dot mtpisgahva dot org.  Hope that helps!Oh yeah, I think Winfree Memorial Baptist Church may have a chapel too, but I haven't been in it.  It's also in Midlothian.
  • edited December 2011
    First Baptist Church on Monument Avenue and the Boulevard has several options for rooms that are smaller. They have a separate house with a garden that costs $150 for members or $300 for nonmembers. That seats 25+. They do have a chapel and that's $300 for members or $700 for non members. It seats a little over 300, though. Also, they have a few other rooms that you could use that are for smaller weddings.I grew up in this church. My fiancé and I are getting married at FBC next spring. It really is a beautiful building. I hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Bon Air Christian Church is a small victorian church - and they are pretty reasonable. They charge based on what you ask of them. I think it's about $300 to use the church and then you pay extra if you use their minister, organist etc. If you google them they have a website that gives all of the details.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat.  thank you ladies for your post they have been help. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards