Pre-wedding Parties

Registry info on shower invites?

Where do we put the info indicating where the bride is registerd, on the shower invite or do you just wait to be asked where they are registered ?

Re: Registry info on shower invites?

• morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is perfectly acceptable to enclose registry information in a shower invite.  
  • yari620yari620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would enclose the registry information with the wedding shower invitation.  You can also print it on the invitation itself. 
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the registry info on my DD's shower invitation:"The bride and groom are registered at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond."That's fine, because as I understand it, a shower is expected to be a gift-giving event.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    It is not tacky persay and it is ok to include it but classier to wait to be asked  
  • aortiz59aortiz59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the bride and groom have a wedding website, you can always put that on the shower invitation and link the registries off of the website. While I don't personally think that putting registry info on the shower invite is tacky (isn't that the purpose of a shower - to buy gifts?!), people tend to find the wedding website route less offensive. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards