Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Pictures Question

Our wedding was 4 weeks ago on June 27 in Clinton, MO. The Contract was for 6 hours of time plus travel time and DVD's with a shared copyright for $720. Any pictures we wanted would be printed/purchased A La Carte. The photographer said he would have the DVD's would be ready a week or so after the wedding. After 3 weeks, I called him last Friday night and left a voice mail. He called me back and said it was taking more time than he thought it would, but the DVD's would be in the mail this last Monday the 20th. There are still no DVD's of the pictures, and each of our families are really wanting to see the pictures. By the way, the photographer is from Kansas City and we live in Lincoln, NE so it should take no more than 2 days for a package to get here Is this amount of time reasonable or normal? It's a simple matter of copying the pics to a DVD from a memory card. We're just wondering if we've been taken for our money, and if we have, what actions can we take?

Re: Wedding Pictures Question

• edited December 2011
    It's only been 4 weeks. Take a deep breath and relax. :)Some photogs take longer to get their pics ready. It's not a "simple manner of copying the pics to a DVD from a memory card". Most photographers (I know I do) take many hours to make sure that the photos look great. It involves a TON of editing. As for the length of time, it is wedding season and most photographers are shooting 1-2 weddings a week right now. He may simply be backed up from the workload he has.
  • weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Punk Mommy is right - the photographer may have under estimated how much time the editing would take.  Did you agree to edited photos or are they coming un-edited?  Maybe don't get too excited yet.  The ladies on my local had a thread about how long the wait was to get proofs back and the average was 6 weeks.  Some were as fast as 2.5 weeks, but that was rare.  If you're concerned, make another call and ask. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards