Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

John Denver Father/daughter dance

I really would like to do a John Denver song b/c my dad used to always play his songs on the guitar when I was little and play them on the stereo when we made Saturday morning pancakes together. The thing is, I'm having trouble deciding what might make for an appropriate dance.  What I'd really love to do is "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" because it fits well with my memories of life at home as a kid, but the whole "boy" part doesn't really work for me.TIA and sorry this is so long!

Re: John Denver Father/daughter dance

• bonniebrettbonniebrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    band or dj? the band can change boy to girl
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love love love the John Denver song "Follow Me" but that's really much more of a B&G song.  How about the beautiful "Sunshine on my Shoulders"?  Part of the lyrics are If I had a day that I could give you I’d give to you a day just like today If I had a song that I could sing for you I’d sing a song to make you feel this wayThere's also "For Baby" (For Bobbie).
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • SarahBerahSarahBerah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am debating about having a full on reception with dancing at my wedding but if I do I am having "sunshine on my shoulder" as my father daughter dance. He used to sing it to me when I was little
  • edited December 2011
    My first dance with my husband is Annie's Song by John Denver...I think it could work for you too.  It's not too long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards