Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Boston winter wedding venue

Just got engaged about three weeks ago, and we're working on finding a venue for our wedding, planned for Dec of 2010. Seems a bit hard to find info on winter weddings for Boston, so I come to all of you for advice. Any suggestions on good venues for the winter in the city of Boston or surrounding suburbs? (We probably don't want to go too far outside the city because of a large number of OOT guests.) We've seen Veronique, Seaport Hotel, Liberty Hotel, Charles Hotel, and Hotel Marlowe. Looking for something a little different than the standard hotel ballroom, and something where we're not paying for an outside space or view that we probably won't use in the winter. Please help! (And thanks in advance!)

Re: Boston winter wedding venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    naminallynaminally member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops! Knew I'd leave some critical information out.The target is approximately 150 guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Vinalia and Les Zygomates.  I'm pretty sure Vinalia can accommodate a group that size...not sure about Les Zygomates though.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A few that I looked at that had nice grounds and would be lovely in the snow:Warren Center in AshlandLyman Estate in CambridgeWayside Inn (very cozy for a winter wedding)Also, in terms of atypical locations, we looked at the Beehive (it's expensive to rent out), Artists for Humanity or Cyclorama, or one of the Harvard Art Museums.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married january 15th 2010 at the Tewksbury Country Club it has wooden beams throughout the venue and fireplaces everywhere! It is sooo beautiful  and cozy in the winter!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a work function at Wayside Inn in September, and it was gorgeous.  I have seen pics of it in the winter, and it is amazing!
  • Options
    bubbleteabubbletea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is Medford okay? Then I'd recommend Springstep Facility.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Warren Center in Ashland this January. It is perfect for a winter wedding! They have an Inn there too, so we got a room block for our OOT guests.Our ceremony is going to be in the lobby of the Inn in front of a stone fireplace. The reception is in the lodge and there is a fireplace in there too. It is truly gorgeous, and the coordinator has been great to work with too! If anyone in your family is a Northeastern Alumni, you get 10% off the food too. Between that and the off-season discount, we are able to do a lot more with our budget than we would have otherwise.
  • Options
    jessandjay09jessandjay09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married this December at Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough. It is beautiful all times of the year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gettign married at the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset this coming January. www.redlioninn1704.com
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All are great venues. I for one did not have a good experience with Hotel marlowe when I was looking for a venue. i felt like I was one of many brides and my wedding was nothing special for them. I have been to weddings at the seaport and Liberty hotel that were both very impressive and beautiful. GL
  • Options
    WMegs5WMegs5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend looking at the Langham Hotel (where I am getting married).  We first went on a visit with the wedding coordinator there, Gina, in the winter and it was beautiful that time of year.  She is fantastic and very willing to work with any budget.  Obviously wedding coordinators can change, but she really makes you feel like you are her top priority.  I went to a LOT of venues, and she is definitely special.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ultimately we had our wedding at the Seaport in the Lighthouse Room, and I have nothing but great things to say about them (PIB and slideshow - link below, and review in bio as well). But here are the other places we looked at (other wedding was also around 150) Boston Harbor Hotel Royal Sonesta Omni Parker Hotel Hyatt Cambridge on Memorial Drive State Room I've also heard good things about the Museum of Science.
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    dq1479dq1479 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Veronique this past March.  If you have any questions or want to see pictures page me.  I am not usually on here though so if you don't hear from me ask one of the older knotties to page me on the nest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DD was married at the Hotel Marlowe and it was exceptional. They couldn't have been better to deal with from start to finish. Everyone, including my very difficult MIL, loved the venue, hotel rooms, staff - everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards