North Carolina-Outer Banks

DJ's?? Officients??

Hi! I'm in the process of planning a May 2010 wedding and am looking for referrals for and DJ's and Officients anyone's used or heard good reviews about. HELP! I'm a VA girl gettin hitched in the OBX.:)

Re: DJ's?? Officients??

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! I read that post and will have to look him up when we go down. I really need recommendations for DJ's too, if anyone knows which ones are better/worse. I'm really hesitant because my sister got married here in VA in December and the DJ never played any slow songs and his mic was so muffled noone heard/understood him! Noone paid attention during toasts or dinner blessing.... I'm scared it will happen at mine too!!:) -Jessica
  • edited December 2011
    If you come across him, don't use Sound Idea Productions the guys name is Mark Johnston. Hes a nice guy but better as a radio dj then a wedding dj.
  • MartiGMartiG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in VA too (N. VA) and am getting married in Corolla in Oct. '09. Reverend Jay Bowman is our officiant (http://www.yourobxwedding.com/). He married friends of mine a few years ago and they had a great experience with him. He's very laid back and though getting married is serious, he kept the ceremony so it wasn't uptight. He's also been very responsive to me whenever I contact him with questions. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I really appreciate the info... I am also DESPERATELY in need of DJ rec's. I've only had THREE reply to my emails and one was pretty short and not very nice... guess we won't use him!!  
  • allipickallipick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using dj bruce this september. he seems great. i can give you the scoop after. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I emailed him a couple times and seems nice. I'd appreciate any comments you have about him after your wedding... Good luck! Where will you be holding your wedding/reception? We've chosen the Roanoke Island Aquarium... it seems so unique and beautiful, I can't wait! -Jessica
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I think I know which DJ e-mailed you the short, not nice e-mail. It was probably John Harper. It wasn't super nice in his e-mail with me, but every local I have talked to recommened him. I contacted Sue Artz from obx violin and she has been very nice and her rates are very affordable.
  • allipickallipick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dj bruce! dj bruce! dj bruce! highly recommended. our entire reception was chanting bruce bruce bruce at the end of our reception. he reads the crowd and keeps the energy level up the whole time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards