Ohio-Toledo

Reception Site Suggestions

Hello all! I've been trying to scan through old posts for recommendations for a reception site, but I thought I would ask anyhow. We are inviting around 250 people and would like to stay under $40pp. All-inclusive places are certainly preferred, but somewhere where we have to bring in our own caterer/alcohol is okay also. The problem is finding somewhere that will hold 250 at a reasonable price. We went and looked at Parkway Place and we both loved it. For next year, the price, for what we want, will be around $46pp. I would like to check out Bayside Boardwalk, but I'm not sure if they hold up to 250. We want to stay in/around Toledo/Maumee (immediate surrounding areas are okay). Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Site Suggestions

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bayside Boardwalk will be too small for you.  I would say that place cannot really accomodate anymore than 150, and that is probably pushing it.

I'm not much help to you as we planned a wedding for 100 people and had about 85 in attendance.  We didn't look at any halls that would accomodate a wedding that large.

I have heard good things about Graystone in Perrysburg and that would certainly work within your budget. 

I would also look into Electrical Industry Banquet Facility in Rossford and see if you and your FI like that.  That place would also be well within your budget!

Good luck with your search!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I second the electrical industry building in rossford my friend is getting married there. It is very reasonable, very pretty and should hold that many people
  • edited December 2011
    Do you guys not plan on having alcohol at your wedding?  Because I know with Parkway Place you supply your own alcohol.  I thought it seemed very pricey considering it wasn't included.  Plus make sure you're definitely going to have 250 people coming, because at Parkway, you're going to pay for a minimum of 250 people regardless of how many people RSVP yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    Have you heard of Holland Gardens in Holland?  It's a decent location, a fairly nice space and the pricing is right around your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011

Edited!  I had a whole paragraph written about LaRoy's Hall up near Monroe.  Clearly I didn't read close enough, I see now you're looking for somewhere near Maumee.  Oops!

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The electrical industry building in Rossford is gorgeous.  Pleasantly surprised when I went there for a wedding.

I used Gladieux's.  They're pretty damn close to Maumee -- like 2 miles away.  But I think they may be out of your budget after tax and gratuity.  I don't think I'd hire them again for another event, but you might have better luck than I did.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    @cschuma2- I finally found Bayside's website (after searching forever) and it says that they seat up to 275. I'm going to try and get ahold of them to go look at the place, so we'll see! Can't beat their prices though.

@Simply_Caitlin- Yes, we are having alcohol. Someone else in the family wants to pay for that, so it's ok that it is an added expense. Parkway is very expensive, but we both like it a lot. Holland Gardens is on my list of places to look at. Hopefully we can do that this weekend.

And to the few that suggested the Electrical Industry facility, I also just added that to my list, thanks! Hopefully we can check that one out pretty soon here too.

Thank you guys for the suggestions so far!! I appreciate all the help I can get :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Katiekins44Katiekins44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Great Hall at the Stranahan is very reasonable.  I think it's only 750 to rent, you bring your own caterer from a list of approved, and buy the alcohol through them.  We got the top shelf package and it is 13 pp.
  • edited December 2011
    That is another one added to my list, thanks! I like that you can use your own caterer there. I see on their website that they provide tables and chairs, is that all they provide?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_reception-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:e83ded95-f60c-44f0-835f-e81fc5907d3bPost:0e7c78bd-cecc-4193-a3e6-926a7e5835a8">Re: Reception Site Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Great Hall at the Stranahan is very reasonable.  I think it's only 750 to rent, you bring your own caterer from a list of approved, and buy the alcohol through them.  We got the top shelf package and it is 13 pp.
    Posted by Katiekins44[/QUOTE]

13 per person?!  What does that include?!  Is it the bar package, glassware and bartenders?  Does the 750 include tables and chairs?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    There is no way you are going to fit over 200 people comfortably in Bayside Boardwalk.  We have been to and helped with a few events there and 175 is pushing it. 

I was at a wedding at Stranahan a few months ago and it was about 310.  The hall looked too big for the amount of people that attended.

We used Glass City Boardwalk and LOVED it.  Very reasonable and great bar package. 
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Try St. George Hall in Rossford or Lakeview in Perrysburg.
  • edited December 2011
    Lakeview Banquet Hall in Rossford is really nice.  The wedding I went to there had about 150 people, but there was definitely space for a lot more.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For those that talked about Electrical Industry and lakeview banquet hall in rossford, does anyone have other information besides the name?  I have been trying to locate info for these 2 places and cannot find anything.  Everybody keeps telling me that they are nice but i can't find any real info.  I tried the phone number online for Lakeview and it wasn't even the right number.  Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_reception-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:e83ded95-f60c-44f0-835f-e81fc5907d3bPost:74294b82-65a1-4920-a72a-1751c9ba888c">Re: Reception Site Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those that talked about Electrical Industry and lakeview banquet hall in rossford, does anyone have other information besides the name?  I have been trying to locate info for these 2 places and cannot find anything.  Everybody keeps telling me that they are nice but i can't find any real info.  I tried the phone number online for Lakeview and it wasn't even the right number.  Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
    Posted by erinf1486[/QUOTE]

This is a link to the webpage of the caterer, which you have to use with this hall.

<a href="http://www.premiercateringtoledo.com/index.php">http://www.premiercateringtoledo.com/index.php</a>

Under facilities there is a little info about the hall.  The contact info of the caterer is also listed there which is who you will meet with to see the hall if things haven't changed.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_reception-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:e83ded95-f60c-44f0-835f-e81fc5907d3bPost:c4d738eb-ed0d-4b6c-aafb-6e79827c9f02">Re: Reception Site Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reception Site Suggestions : This is a link to the webpage of the caterer, which you have to use with this hall. <a href="http://www.premiercateringtoledo.com/index.php" rel='nofollow'>http://www.premiercateringtoledo.com/index.php</a> Under facilities there is a little info about the hall.  The contact info of the caterer is also listed there which is who you will meet with to see the hall if things haven't changed.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is correct.   And Premier Catering is really wonderful, and reasonably priced too!

We had our reception at the Electrical Industry hall and we were very happy with everything!!   If you have any specific questions, just let me know. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Merin, do you have any pictures of the hall you'd be willing to share?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I met with someone today from Premier Catering at the Electrical Industry Hall. It was nicer than I thought it would be, but I still wasn't overly impressed. I wish we could have seen it all done up for a reception or something similar, because the only things in there were tables and chairs. Premier's pricing does seem really good and the lady we met with was extremely nice and very helpful. We are going to see a few more places before we make a decision. Going to see Central Union Plaza tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just met with Premier Catering at the Electrical Industry Building in Rossford.  I was surprised by how nice it is inside.  There weren't wedding decorations up or anything but the tables a big and it seems like there is plenty of room for everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards